Qaud Copter recovery software a group working on writting better code.

jhardway

http://www.fastcompany.com/3023139/...-likely-as-quadrocopters-learn-to-fly-damaged

For the longest time I have been on the theory that what I would like to see if you lost an engine in flight a type of firmware that could detect it and then off set the opposing prop set. Although the link above it for a quadcopter, my thought are more geared to the hexa's an octo's in this world.

So on a hexa set up if you lost, let say M2 then I would like the see the firmware let up on motors M1,M3,M5 to equate the torque coming now off the other two motor for M4 and M6.

Or in the same set up maybe just pick up the failure and shut down the opposite motor in my made up scenario, when M2 fails then shut down M5, that would then make the copter into go into a quad situation, and equate the torque. At that point it would then go into a safety mode where then it movements would go into a very limited movement angels to insure that it could handle the tilts and rolls to keep from flipping (a type of dynamic rollover)

I like the video above and it just spurred off my thoughts.

cheers