Q4 Y6 frame: I need details

CMonteiro

From the frames I have seen, the Q4 Y6 is the one that impresses me the most.
so I would like to build my diy version similar to this frame.
But the only informations I can get are the usual pictures available on the related sites.
Anyone could give me some more details? a building manual or more exact drawings of the components?
I would be grateful.
Thanks in advance
C. Monteiro

ovdt

What details did impress you?

I have some drawings, I'm not sure if they are Q4 Y6 frame. I'm going to check. That frame consists of lots of pieces. So don't be sold how it looks :) I'd prefer round booms with classic center plates and a custom dome protection for stifness.

CMonteiro

Hi Ovdt,
I would be grateful if you can find me something.
I own a xaircraft x650. But the load limit is low and I don't feel confortable to use it with all the stuff that I plan to install sooner or later. I installed several lights, and with the harness and switches and a reinforced landing gear I only have more 300 or 400 g to load. And I would like to try an fpv system, osd with the respective sensors,, install a camera for video, etc.
So I decided to build a new aircraft, may be with a wookong system.
And as I like very much to build from scatch, there comes the idea of exploring the shape of the Q4 Y6. Because it allows heavy lifts, looks strong, and the fact that the arms have that geometry, with a growing section to the center gives me the impression of an elegant engineering.
But they also have a model that uses round tubes on the arms. Summing up. it looks beautiful to me.
see the pictures.
C. Monteiro
View attachment 1645View attachment 1646

Attachments

• q4_y6_unique_02.jpg
    q4_y6_unique_02.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 361
  • y6 800.jpg
    y6 800.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 334

ovdt

"Q4 Y6 Unique" design is attractive and I think it doesn't differ much from conventional multirotor design. You can easily add a protection dome like in the picture, as I did before:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?907-Custom-Aliminium-Dome-Protector

It's very simple, you can improve it as Boris did a better one already. You should send an email to Q4systems.de if they're selling it.

The other Y6 design is not effective if you ask me, it consists of lots of parts and it won't be stiff as the first one. So forget about it. (If you send me a PM with your email address, I'll send you some drawings)

I like Y6 setup, I ended up building my custom frame, using aluminium booms and G10 center plates:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?1110-Y6-Setup-Tips-and-Tricks

M
y booms are 40 cm long. For WK-M, I'd use higher KV motors, smaller props and smaller booms. (Assuming you're using 4s LiPo). If I were to setup a WK-M Y6:

* I'd shorten the booms to 35 cm. It would still allow me to use 13" props max. (motor-to-motor distance would be around 74 cm then)
* I'd use higher KV motor (around 800-850 KV) and smaller props. (12" maybe) (WK-M performs better with smaller props)

I like Y6 because of the orientation. But for smoother video footage, flat Hexa would be more logical. Since the turns are more smooth when compared to Y6.

CMonteiro

I know the designer of the q4 system frames
But ithink you will not become infos to copy his design

Hi Sportcam,
I wouldn't dare to "copy" such a complicated frame. I know that it would me less expensive to buy it than to waist meterials and time to try do reproduce it.
What I meant was to buil my version in that style. This means to do something with a core with similar volumes and geometry, and to build arms in a transparent structure like the ones in this model. I would probably use other materials rather than aluminium.
So, there is no problem for the brand.
Thanks anyway
C. Monteiro

CMonteiro

"Q4 Y6 Unique" design is attractive and I think it doesn't differ much from conventional multirotor design. You can easily add a protection dome like in the picture, as I did before:

It's very simple, you can improve it as Boris did a better one already. You should send an email to Q4systems.de if they're selling it.

The other Y6 design is not effective if you ask me, it consists of lots of parts and it won't be stiff as the first one. So forget about it. (If you send me a PM with your email address, I'll send you some drawings)
Thanks for the advices. you are most certainly right. And I'll take in consideration your comments.
By the way, I liket your craft. The only thing I would change is the dome. I think it would be worthy to build some fiber glass protection wirth a more elegant design.
I will send you my mail and wait for your drawings.
Thanks a lot
Carlos