PU adhesive gel

gweleps

Hello,
Just curious to know if someone already used adhesive gel (for mounting helicopter gyros as the one from Align) to mount a Naza M?
What double side adhesive tape do you use when you don't have any more of the one supplied with the Naza?
Alain

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I'm not sure 2/3mm I think. Whatever feels right. You want it firm but not rigid. Squishy but not wobbly. Cool?

boranup

What do you guys use in addition to the Gel pad? I have a 2mm pad for the IMU but I dont think its really secure enough - especially long term - what else can you use to secure it?

DennyR

You should not mount your IMU's on soft mounts as it will create an additional movement which will be seen by the gyros. The IMU has the correct mounting frequency pads inside. DJI do actually tell you to use their own mounting tape for this reason.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I use some Velcro or a cable tie with more PU gel underneath to wrap around the item. The Milton mod I believe it is called.

DennyR

Why don't you just follow the instructions. If the IMU moves in a different sync. with the airframe then your motors and ESC's will overheat and burn out. Any movement however small at the imu mounting will cause this to happen.

If you have a vibration issue then fix it at the source of the problem, using the I-phone App. called vibration.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
After carefully balancing my props I use the IPhone application called iseisomometer to balance all motors as much as possible. But I have also found that the Naza controller can still act up from time to time especially when the MR is modified to use larger and more powerful motors....... so as a final precaution I use Kyosho Zeal tape....... Never had motors or ESCs heat up as a result....... And this also helps in the event that a motor or prop goes out of balance during the flight...... The IMU sensors don't tolerate vibration well which leads to wrong input data to the controller which in turn can result in a fly-away or worse. Wish though that Kyosho made the zeal tape a bit thinner.
Hello,
Just curious to know if someone already used adhesive gel (for mounting helicopter gyros as the one from Align) to mount a Naza M?
What double side adhesive tape do you use when you don't have any more of the one supplied with the Naza?
Alain

SMP

Gtranq - How are you balancing your motors? I've heard the tie wrap method to find the light side... Then add ????

gtranquilla

RadioActive
The tiewrap method never worked well for me. I had to use small pieces of aluminum tape, relocating it 180 initially, then 90 degrees etc. Once I found the correct spot it was a matter of sizing the aluminum tape to fine tune the balance. Black electricians tape will not remain on for long. While aluminum tape will not fly off it is also harder to remove and relocate. The other challenge is that the motor/prop adapters can throw off the balance. On the new pancake style motors using the paddle type props, it is possible to eliminate the prop/motor adapters and mount the props directly to the motors. That also reduce the motor prop assembly length which helps to further minimize imbalance issues. ISeisomometer also has a "g" force setting which will amplify the sensitivity for finer balancing after initial balancing efforts.