Propeller Questions

Jussi

1. While browsing for different ones I notice sometimes they have a LH and RH designation while others do not.

Do you need and a LH and RH prop? If you do, then why aren't all props listed with a LH or RH designation?

How do you determine which ones go with which motor. ie Is RH for the CW rotating motor or the CCW?

2. What would you recommend for a mid priced set for someone just starting. The E-props have pretty good reviews. Also what is your source for buying them?

jbrumberg

Jussi-

As far as I know all quads require 2 RH props and 2 LH props in order to fly. For some reason, by convention, usually only RH props are identified.

For a NOOB just starting out there will be a few broken props due to crashes, "hard landings", etc. during the learning curve. I would stay away from CF props initially which tend to be brittle and go instead with more robust plastic and/or a CF/plastic compound prop. I personally like HQProps, and if I remember correctly they have different composite makeups with their different types of props.. From my experience they are better balanced as purchased than GemFan props.

http://www.gothelirc.com

Is a good source for props, etc. They are USA based, reasonable pricing, and provide incredibly fast service.

Good luck-

JB

Last edited by a moderator: