Prop selection

mrob73

Ok I have almost completed my first build, I just need some help with prop selection. I have four turnigy 1000kv motors, 4 40 amp turnigy plush esc's my total weight including camera and Gimbal is 3.5 lbs. I was thinking about 10 x 4.5 props. Is this a good choice or is there a better one?

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Ok I have almost completed my first build, I just need some help with prop selection. I have four turnigy 1000kv motors, 4 40 amp turnigy plush esc's my total weight including camera and Gimbal is 3.5 lbs. I was thinking about 10 x 4.5 props. Is this a good choice or is there a better one?

I have almost the exact same setup only 750Kv turnigy NTM motors and 6 40 amp turnigy plush escs. My weight is around the same and I use 10x5 APC props and it flys perfect. You may want to go with a 10x4 or 10x3 since you have the faster motors.

Dewster

APC props are very reliable and can take a beating. Once you figure out what size works best try the Graupner E-Props. APC and Graupners are the only props that I'll use. Most motor rotor crashes are due to props breaking in flight.

mrob73

I tried a set of apc 9x6's they just didn't have enough thrust to lift everything. I just ordered apc 10x4's.