prop question

willie56

picked up a f550 kit from hobby king awhile back, have been putting it together slowly over the last couple of months, in the instructions it it states that 10" props could be used on this frame, so when i ordered all the parts I ordered 10" props, when I installed the props I found that there is only 3/8" space between the tips of the props as they swing together. That to me does not seem like enough space, what is the general rule of thumb for the spacing,? is there any? anyway have ordered some 9.5" to replace these. thanks

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
no real rule of thumb, have seen 1/4" between tips and my first build/kit only left 1/2" so i think you're good to go.

F

fengshuidrone

As long as they're not clipping each other:eek:;) I like mine close together. Seems to make PID tuning easier.

willie56

k thanks, was just wondering, I thought that when you throttle up that the booms could deflect enough to allow the props to touch, and then bad things will happen, I haven't actually started the motors with the props on, so i guess thats the next step. thanks

jowens5

I have just recieved a new Drone for Christmas. I attempted to fly it for the first time having never done this before. It flew ok. After a while, one of the rotors stopped spinning. Now a second rotor has stopped spinning. The other two seem to work just fine. Any suggestions or solutions to get the rotors working again? Thanks for the help.

Jim

I have just recieved a new Drone for Christmas. I attempted to fly it for the first time having never done this before. It flew ok. After a while, one of the rotors stopped spinning. Now a second rotor has stopped spinning. The other two seem to work just fine. Any suggestions or solutions to get the rotors working again? Thanks for the help.

Jim

What brand/model or any other info would be helpful - indoor flyer, outdoor flyer, etc. A few quick things to check that I've run into -

Fuzz wrapped around the motor shaft. Remove the props one at a time and check for hair, fuzz or anything wrapped around the shaft. the littlest bit of fuzz will slow down/stop a motor and eventually burn the motor out.

motor wires broken. I have a little micro that I've had to resolder motor wires back to the board.