Program 3 way flight mode swith on DX7 helicopter TX for GPS mode

glacier51

Hello:

Do you have the old DX7 or the DX7s? The DX7s is similar to the DX8 I have so I may be able to help.

What receiver to you have?

What multi-rotor are you flying?

Ron

LL-Cool-T

I have a regular dx7, not the "s", I have an AR7000 reciever and from what i understand its the one that can be programmed for full failsafe. I have a flame wheel 450 with Naza and GPS. do I use airplane mode or heli mode? Thank You

glacier51

Morning:
It's my impression most pilots are flying their multi-rotors in the "airplane" mode of their radios and if memory serves, the NAZA manual suggests this as well.

I looked at the AR7000 manual. It looks like you can wire up the NAZA to AR7000 by connecting the NAZA "U" port with the AR7000 AUX1 port. The U is the flight mode port. And NAZA X2 to the AR7000 AUX2 port. Then program your 3 position switch for flight modes - GPS, ATT and MAN.

The NAZA X2 port controls IOC, but if the DX7 only has 1 3pos switch, you can put IOC on a 2pos switch without much trouble for Normal=OFF and HOME LOCK=1. I've never used COURSE LOCK, but you should read up on it just in case you find it useful.

Other pilots can do some fancy radio programming and get the functions of another 3pos by mixing things together, but that's real man RC.

Regarding the failsafe. I read that the DX7 can do a "smart failsafe". To be honest, I don't know enough about the differences of smart failsafe and "pre-set failsafe" binds. In the manual, the smart failsafe looks like the same thing as pre-set - set the radio switches for failsafe, in the case of NAZA- throttle above 10% and failsafe switch in the failsafe position, and then complete the bind, but that's something I haven't done personally. I have a AR8000 which is pretty clear how to setup the pre-set failsafe bind.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Ron

LL-Cool-T

Morning:
It's my impression most pilots are flying their multi-rotors in the "airplane" mode of their radios and if memory serves, the NAZA manual suggests this as well.

I looked at the AR7000 manual. It looks like you can wire up the NAZA to AR7000 by connecting the NAZA "U" port with the AR7000 AUX1 port. The U is the flight mode port. And NAZA X2 to the AR7000 AUX2 port. Then program your 3 position switch for flight modes - GPS, ATT and MAN.

The NAZA X2 port controls IOC, but if the DX7 only has 1 3pos switch, you can put IOC on a 2pos switch without much trouble for Normal=OFF and HOME LOCK=1. I've never used COURSE LOCK, but you should read up on it just in case you find it useful.

Other pilots can do some fancy radio programming and get the functions of another 3pos by mixing things together, but that's real man RC.

Regarding the failsafe. I read that the DX7 can do a "smart failsafe". To be honest, I don't know enough about the differences of smart failsafe and "pre-set failsafe" binds. In the manual, the smart failsafe looks like the same thing as pre-set - set the radio switches for failsafe, in the case of NAZA- throttle above 10% and failsafe switch in the failsafe position, and then complete the bind, but that's something I haven't done personally. I have a AR8000 which is pretty clear how to setup the pre-set failsafe bind.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Ron

wow...thank you Ron...I'll try this right now....hopefully this fixes my bugs...once again...Thank You Sir.

Lou