Problem with Multistar Elite 2312 980kv motor

sabshire

So I have a Multistar Elite 2312 980kv motor with an issue I just noticed today. The shaft is spinning a bit freely from the can. The motor is an out runner, so the can should be turning with the shaft, but it doesn't appear to be. Any thoughts if this can be repaired, or should I just get a new one? These are fairly new.. I have only had them for a few months.

The motors in question:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Magne_AR_Warehouse_.html?strSearch=2312 980kv

sabshire

I'll add, the can does turn with the shaft, but i can hold the can and spin the shaft separate from it. The other 3 motors don't do this. I'll probably just order another set, but wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone else has experienced this.

OhHey

I would slide the can and shaft off by removing the clip on the bottom and further inspect. If it were me I would want to know where the issue is and how to possibly stop it from happening again or to the other motors. Could just be a fluke but if it as a flawed design or something that may be come a common occurrence I would search for a different motor option. I do all I can to be sure my free falls to the ground from 300ft are few and far between;)