Align Multicopter Problem with GH4 Video out and Align G3 Gimbal

Shelipso

Can someone please help me out with the setting of GH4 and the video out of Align G3 gimbal? The output is like this one (photo) on my monitor. As you see the OSD works so the problem should be at the camera (GH4) or the gimbal end. I think I have followed the recommendations on the system frequency and downscaling etc (downscaled to 1080p). Funny enough it was like this a month ago, started to work (didn't understood how) and it was working a week ago. I turned it on today after a week and I cannot get it to work again. I tried all different output settings.

For those who are familiar with the G3, the blue light is one (conversion is OK) and I have followed the comments on Align page regarding the downscaling. Could it be a faulty video converter!?

Appreciate your thoughts.

View attachment 23785

Attachments

• VideoOut.jpg
    VideoOut.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 375
Last edited by a moderator:

Shelipso

@ASims you were right. It is a faulty HDMI cable at the GH4 connection. Thx mate

PS: Add it to the long list of other faulty cables and connections you get with an align m690.

Shelipso

The replacement cable arrived and solved the problem. Interesting enough the Align agent in Australia claimed that it would not replace the cable on warranty as it is a consumable part (unbelievable). A literally unused device! The local supplier was understanding enough to pay for it.