Problem with Basecam 32-bit board

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Hello again!

It was about a year since I visited this forum last time. I never got my F550 working properly last year, so I let it rest during the winter. I got it flying last summer without problem . After some fuzz I also got the video-link and the remote trigger for the camera to work. But I still can't get that bloody Basecam board to work.

As long as it is only hooked up to USB it seems to work. I get correct feedback for yaw, pitch and roll. The motors stand still tough, so I can not calibrate P, I and D. When the board is connected to main power (4S system) the USB-link goes down and the board start to blink red and beep. Still no movements on the motors.

Any ideas what's wrong and what I can do about it? Right now I feel like throwin the whole thing in the trash and go out and buy a bloody Phantom instead.

Not sure why you lose your connection when your connected to both USB and main power, you need both for setup. I run 12VDC to mine but a 4S battery should be fine. Don't forget to hit the "write" button after you make adjustments. It can be frustrating, You need to watch a lot of youtube videos and even then you have to really pay attention to what they are doing. I have found that the manual is pretty decent, I read it slowly twice before I understood things.