Tau Labs Problem wit drifting

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I have set up my flame wheel quad with a CC board. I have dialled everything in, all settings done and it flies. Problem is that there is always a drift, normally to the right...and it's quite bad. I have enabled it to always zero when armed, then after arming it i leave it for a full 10 seconds before flying (with the props spinning slowly) but that still doesn't do it.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Gunter.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Gunter, which mode are you flying at?

And did you do the level calibration?

I have set all modes to stabilised 1. I also calibrated it level on the table and then left it on a level floor when arming. (Tried level calibration a few times!)

DennyR

Check to see if your yaw response is the same to the left and the right. It could be as simple as rudder trim

How much drift are you talking about, and when you say drift do you mean it constantly flies at a fixed angle off (in attitude mode) or what? How many degrees off is it?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
It is quite a lot of drift, not just slowly but you have to keep the stick hard over to keep it one place. Last night I levelled it up on the bench with a spirit level and reset it, then played with some of the settings. I managed to get it a lot better but occasionally it gets a bee under its bonnet and starts again! It's a bit random at the moment.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matwelli

What's your attitude kp setting, default is 0.03, but that tends to cause drift, set to 0.05, its in the menu on the right under attitude stabilisation settings.

G-u-nuts

Hey Gunter,
Is this your only CC that u have??, I have 3 of them and all 3 drift,not as bad as yours, there is not one that i have,that does the same.set it to .05 as Mat said,
That will help sometimes ..

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have just checked the settings I have at the moment and they seem a lot higher than 0.03! See screenshot:

View attachment 1944

Attachments

• CC settings.JPG
    CC settings.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 331

G-u-nuts

Hi,
That is the wrong place, u need to go the the menu and go to AccelKP it will be 0.03 change it to 0.05 , like mat said. I will try to get you a screen shot..

Last edited by a moderator:

G-u-nuts

Try this.. u need to swap the first two pic..

Attachments

• cc-1.jpg
    cc-1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 238
  • cc-2.jpg
    cc-2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 243
  • cc-3.jpg
    cc-3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 254
  • cc-4.jpg
    cc-4.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 265

G-u-nuts

I was hoping that was it for you.. what size of quad?? your setting are allot higher then mine, maybe it is in the settings..