Power solutions for continous rotation gimbal

wizprod

Say I don't want to use an extra battery for a continuous rotation gimbal, how would you solve it ? Do You know any concepts or ready made solutions? I.e. how do tanks do it with the turrets (I have a pretty good idea about how, but to translate this into miniature, where dust and so on can affect the circuitry) ?

AirFoil-Skycam

24-7 live and eat this
I would just build a slip ring. If your going to be powering pos/neg it would be single or dual slip. I built this ring to carry 80 amps. It uses 3 slip connection to power the motor from the ESC.

It's not a mount but works off the same idea just scaled up on amps and rotation contact required.

Last edited by a moderator:

wizprod

I would just build a slip ring. If your going to be powering pos/neg it would be single or dual slip. I built this ring to carry 80 amps. It uses 3 slip connection to power the motor from the ESC.

It's not a mount but works off the same idea just scaled up on amps and rotation contact required.

Do you any guide on making one?

Last edited by a moderator:

AirFoil-Skycam

24-7 live and eat this
How many lines do you want to feed? (1-2) If it's just Pos/Neg. it's simple to build. I machined all the parts but your not going to be pulling a high amp draw. This will let you use small contact surfaces. .