POSTING VIDEO: TTRobotix Ghost Plus FPV Quadcopter with Three-Axis Camera Gimbal at CES 2015

Lucidity

UFO Pilot

As I mentioned previously, I feel that CES could have done a better job of bringing together all of the multirotor manufacturers in a single, cohesive space – and TTRobotix and their Ghost Plus quadcopter were definitely victims of that failure.

Our producer just happened to stumble across TTRobotix and Jon McBride tucked waaay in the back of the South Exhibition Hall, and brought them to our attention. The following day, we staged an expedition to that region and recorded the interview you see here.

I'm wondering if TTRobotix is loving or hating the fact that Ehang has named their breakout, smartphone-controlled quad the “Ghost.” Plainly, it has the potential to suck all of the oxygen out of the room when it comes to the word “Ghost” as it relates to quadrotor aerial camera platforms. On the other hand, probably a lot of people are going to discover the “Ghost Plus” because they are searching for the “Ghost.”

In fact, the similarity between the two names even tripped us up, when our producer first told us about this booth. When she came back and reported that she'd found the “Ghost Plus,” all that registered with me was “Ghost” and I responded with “We've already done that one!”

After talking in circles for a few minutes – in a manner reminiscent, perhaps, of the ability of the Ghost Plus' gimbal to turn a full 360 degrees – we finally figured out that we were, indeed, discussing two entirely separate products.