POSTING VIDEO: Horyzon HD FPV Camera Unboxing, Setup and GoPro Comparison

Lucidity

UFO Pilot
When FoxTechFPV.com promised “The BEST 1080P Full HD FPV Camera in the World,” you had to know we were going to pick one up to test out. As you'll see in our latest video, there is a lot to like:

It costs $100 less and weighs half as much as a GoPro, it can take power directly from your control receiver, has a built in screen and is plug-and-play with many common video transmitters. By comparison, GoPro is extremely robust – and I'm a big fan of robust – so I don't think I'll be changing over my birds anytime soon.

However, I can definitely see a place for the Horyzon HD on smaller, lightweight birds – including one that Techinstein is putting together right now, and another one we have on the drawing board. Overall, it's a pretty sweet little package.

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
Nice review, I'm a subscriber. One thing, shouldn't the gopro have been weighed with the housing and mount as it's used on your bird? That would bring the gopro in around 180 grams. After all it's the case that makes it so robust.

Lucidity

UFO Pilot
@ Piranha -- Thanks for watching and taking the time to comment! Glad you found it helpful!

@ tstrike -- That's a very good point... I suppose my goal when I weighed the GoPro without it's housing was to make an apples-to-apples comparison: bare GoPro vs. bare Horyzon HD, just to see what the hardware weighs. You could fly the GoPro without a housing and there are plenty of people who do -- it's just not a choice I'd make if my bird has enough power to lift the housing. I'd be down a couple of GoPros by now if I did...