Possible signal interference?

garethdavies

Last week i built a new self build, a heavy lift upgrade to my F550. On Tuesday i flew my out of box F550 with dji props, esc, motors and wookong. around 3 mins into flight i was hovering in the middle of the field to check stability, suddenly the craft acted strangely and then veered of to the right at speed and ploughed into the ground. there was no control from the T8J controller but signal was still there. anyway, as it has been many times in the past a user issue. a couple of days later i was test flying my new heavy lift upgrade in the same place. afro esc, Multistar 4822-490Kv, wookong, 12inc props. again all was fine until i flew in the same field. i was hovering doing some time tests, it seemed a little unstable (was okay in another location) then all of the sudden the drone started to move and veer off to the right an then crashed down again at a horizontal about 30-50m from original location.

the two crash were almost identical, its never happen to me before? could it be a transmitter interference, it did not seem to have lost signal but instead the two drones seemed to get confused somehow zoom off in a straight line and crash 30-50m away.

can anyone put a finger to this mystery as its left me feeling a little overwhelm and I've lost confidence in the tech.

comments appreciated.

Avenger

I'm new to this so I'm guessing at a possible cause, some of the more experienced posters might debunk this straight away.

Could the issue be one of balance, you mention that you've adapted for heavy lift, if the balance was off could that and the extra weight be overworking one or more of the motors. After a couple of minutes the extra work could cause some kind of drop in power or overheating which causes the F550 to veer off .