Poi

Hi

I have big problem activate POI , anyone else same ? i switch quickly as in the manual but nothing happens , only one time it had work properly ???

Aviator

Hi

I have big problem activate POI , anyone else same ? i switch quickly as in the manual but nothing happens , only one time it had work properly ???

It will only work if more than five meters away from POI, to set it you must swith back and forth about 3 times and end with the switch back at off, it will then flash green a few times to indicate that the POI has been set, then move away 5 or more meters and flick the swith to POI it will then face the point where you set it you can use the roll to move around the target left or right.

It will only work if more than five meters away from POI, to set it you must swith back and forth about 3 times and end with the switch back at off, it will then flash green a few times to indicate that the POI has been set, then move away 5 or more meters and flick the swith to POI it will then face the point where you set it you can use the roll to move around the target left or right.

Yes that i now and that time it worked i test it like you said and that was perfect , my problem is to acitvate it and to set the poi that dont work , i tried with 2 different RC first JR and now Graupner MX 20

ary

You have to use remote control with s bus. Connect FC with software asst. switch your remote to POI, check indicator in your asst. software, also check green light indicator on your quad. if its OK then you are ready to go

You have to use remote control with s bus. Connect FC with software asst. switch your remote to POI, check indicator in your asst. software, also check green light indicator on your quad. if its OK then you are ready to go

In the manual you dont must have S bus and my setup in assistent work perfect

Aviator

S-BUS is not needed.. If it works in the assistant and you can see it switching between POI and OFF nothing inbetween and nothing after then there is no reason it shouldn`t work in the field? are you using a two position switch? if not try it there is no way to go wrong then...
Another thing to note is you must have GPS lock..

ary

Im wondering how to set up with non sbus remote? didnt work with mine(hitech aurora 9)
it work with futaba remote

S-BUS is not needed.. If it works in the assistant and you can see it switching between POI and OFF nothing inbetween and nothing after then there is no reason it shouldn`t work in the field? are you using a two position switch? if not try it there is no way to go wrong then...
Another thing to note is you must have GPS lock..

I use a 3 way switch becouse i want to use the Courselock funktion too , i try with a 2 way switch and see if thats better , on the multikopter FC you have 1 switch to every funktion thats better i think , maybe DJI found out of that , im very satisfied with the WKM thu

Aviator

I use a 3 way switch becouse i want to use the Courselock funktion too , i try with a 2 way switch and see if thats better , on the multikopter FC you have 1 switch to every funktion thats better i think , maybe DJI found out of that , im very satisfied with the WKM thu

It is quite difficult on a 3 pos switch to get it right, you could program a mix in so that the switch can be changed from POI to courselock with another switch?

ary

I found my mistake. it is on my flight procedure using POI. Not on my set up.
I'll give another try with my hitech remote.

Thanks for sharing.

nickedw

RPQ-S qualified
I'm struggling with POI myself, maybe you guys can provide some clarity.

The wookong manual states that POI can be set in flight by flicking from OFF to POI and back once. The LED should flash CYAN (not green) in my experience this simply doesn't work. It implies the POI centre will be 5m ahead of the nose - this isn't clear really.

the only way I can set POI appears to be with the pre-flight technique, ie by flicking from OFF to POI three times, staying on POI until CYAN flashes. I can do this in flight. I assume this is the centre point for POI, however, when I back off 5m and then engage POI mode, when I use a reference point on the ground where I set POI, this does not appear to be the centre point of my POI rotation. I mean it's about right, ie not somewhere random, but really not accurrate, maybe 3 or 4 metres out, in a direction that doesn't seem consistent.

has anyone else tested this, admittedly it does kind of go round a point somewhere ahead of you, but it's disappointingly rough.

is it me? Or is this another dji thing that 'nearly works'.

I've got about a dozen satellites in a clear sky with no obstructions when I test on an S800 evo, Wookong M on 5.26 with a V2 imu.

Next step step is to take a look at the flight path on GS to see what's going on, I'll try this tomorrow.

So does anyone know definitively where the home point is set with the 'three flicks' technique - is it exactly that point, 5m ahead, or somewhere else??

also is anyone getting good altitude hold while circling in POI, I'm working hard on the throttle to keep a constant height.

I'm wondering if any of this is gain settings, in normal GPS flight, the aircraft is pretty solid, so I doubt it.

any ideas guys?

Nick