Please Please help me with FPV

So far I have the base Fat Shark goggles and a small DVR. I want to start out simple but do not want to be held to a 1/4mi. I want 1.5mi range with my 2.4 Futaba radio. What setup would you suggest that is reliable and well tested. I appreciate your assistance.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Futaba will not get you that range on its own, not 2.4Ghz anyway. But you can add on an ezuhf system, that puts you on the 433Mhz band and will give you and don't quote me on this but 6 miles plus... Along side with the ezuhf diplex receiver, and for your video you could use the 5.8 Ghz ImmersionRC 600mw TX, you will also need an ImmersionRC uno or the diplex version..... the list goes on.

Do some research on what you want, don't cross frequencies and check for compatibility with other units, don't use 1.2Ghz if you are using DJI GPS unless you get the correct filters for your TX.

Generally, the lower the frequency, the longer the range... but depending on your country you could run into laws that govern what frequency you can use "LEGALY" and what power restrictions you can use.

Last edited by a moderator: