Please Help - Out of ideas Hexacopter problems

Hi everyone, I hoping someone can please help me with an issue I'm having. I have flown the DJI Phantom for about 2 years and then I upgraded to a custom built Hexacopter recently. I finally seem to have all the kinks worked out but it is giving me other issues now. I shot a video today, while not taking it to high for safety reasons. I cut all the semi-smooth stuff at the beginning and put the bad stuff at the end all together so you could see what it was doing. It was flying smooth and steady on GPS and Atti mode but every so often a very light breeze and sometime not at all and the hexa would act like it was going in to convulsions or like a small seizure. Possible gains not set high enough? Blades not being perfectly balanced? (which they should be) Any ideas?

Everything is brand new, iPower iBM2814Q 750KV motors, ipeaka iq 40a opto hv brushless esc with simonk firmware, DJI Naza-m V2, Hitec Optima 9 channel receiver, Hitec Aurora 9 radio

Password is: flight

Last edited by a moderator:

Hummingbird.UAV

Hummingbird.UAV
Could be your base gains are too high. Had a similar problem, dialed the base gain back (not the ATT gain) and the odd oscillation has not reappeared. (NAZA-M v2)

FlyGirl

I just looked at that Joe and while I have no answer for you I'm hoping those that know more than I can see it with the link you posted. That is a strange looking bug.... I get the feeling that often it looks like exactly the same movements rather than some constant oscillation. Almost like the FC is convulsing. That's not to say that vibrations still can't be the cause. Everything balanced?

Last edited by a moderator:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• hexacopter 1.jpg
    hexacopter 1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 302
  • hexacopter 2.jpg
    hexacopter 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 225
  • hexacopter 3.jpg
    hexacopter 3.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 225
  • hexacopter 4.jpg
    hexacopter 4.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 215
  • hexacopter 5.jpg
    hexacopter 5.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 261
  • hexacopter 6.jpg
    hexacopter 6.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 213
  • hexacopter 7.jpg
    hexacopter 7.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 232
  • hexacopter 8.jpg
    hexacopter 8.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 226
  • hexacopter 9.jpg
    hexacopter 9.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 224
  • hexacopter 10.jpg
    hexacopter 10.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 239

Is there anyone who can help me? In addition to it having like small seizures after a few minutes of flying the ESC and Motors get very, very hot. I can touch and hold on to them without burning myself but they feel very hot still. How hot should motors and the ESC's get? At this link: http://vimeo.com/m/101187323 Password is flight you can see toward the end of the video I put all the sporadic flying that it did throughout the time I flew. Any ideas from anyone? I adjusted my gains for the DJI Naza-M V2 but am not really sure where they should be to start with. Do I need to increase or decrease the gains? It's a generic frame I believe based on the S800. I get perfect flying for around 3 to 5 minutes then it appears after everything heats up I start having the problems. Could it be a voltage problem or any other ideas. Thanks for your help and have a great day!