Please Help? DJI Naza Flashing Red Lights! I can't figure out how to fix it?

tstrike

pendejo grande
If I were to call you Randy, the first thing I would tell you is to charge your battery. Then we could chit chat about how the weather is where ever you're at and stuff.

I gave Randy a call. He had pretty much done everything most would think of doing. This copter was previosly flying great, until a recent crash caused by a prop failure in flight (Approx 10ft off the ground). Lipo is a 4S Thunder power and was fully charged. He has his voltage warning set at 14.8 for first level (with .30 loss), and 14.3 for red level. The 4S lipo is selected and showing full voltage in assistant. We tried to disable voltage warning, and that did not help either. The LED still flashes red rapidly, and IMU-OFF shows in Naza assistant. He tried to reset the model to default settings, still no luck. All connections were checked/double checked. Solder joints on BEC are good. Motor wires and ESC connections all seem to be good.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? We tried to troubleshoot as much as possible, but still got nowhere. Is it possible the Naza was damaged in the crash? Any advise for this guy would be appreciated.

Patrick

Tahoe Ed

Did you plug the lipo monitor lead into the correct Naza Port? That can be an issue if you are not reading the proper voltage.

Ttelmah

Key is to look up what the flashing red means. Quote:

"Low voltage / Other errors, _or_ Calibration or others error".

First thing to do is a compass calibration 'dance'. If it is being caused by the latter (very likely after a crash), then this may well fix it.
If it keeps on going, then I'm afraid it means the Naza has a fault.

Mine did this when I first turned it on after shipment. Fortunately I had read that sometimes when they are shipped a long distance, this can happen, so did the compass calibration, and all was OK.

Best Wishes

demunseed

Heres a problem.... My Phantom all of a sudden is giving me three red "flashes" (fast flashes). They are continuos, the phantom will not arm or fly..... does ANYONE have a frikkin clue as to what these 3 red flashes means? (they are too FAST to be satelite search "blinks")

Ttelmah

Agreed.

It happens if the data being seen from the magnetic sensors when they switch on, is 'outside' the range expected.

It can happen in a range of circumstances:
1) After a knock.
2) If the unit has been left for a while in the presence of a magnetic field.
3) If you try to arm somewhere where there is a reasonably strong magnetic field.

At a site near me, there is one 'spot' on the flying field, where the unit will never arm. A test with a compass, shows it giving a significant deflection, and deviation from the correct direction at this point. I suspect there is something like an old underground bunker at the point (the site is ex military).

Best Wishes

demunseed

So, I tried recalibrating SEVERAL TIMES....it gives me a green light on the horizontal axis but it goes back to flashing red (3 flashes)...... Any other suggestions? I've tried everything I can think of.....

demunseed

It FINALLY WORKED!!! (or I guess it did). I tried recall rotating several times without success, then on about the 12th try, it finally went back to "Green-Red-Red-Red" ..... I flew it and it changed to the flashing green. So, I'm assuming, it's good to go!
So..... If anyone else gets 3 flashing red blips on their Phantom, don't give up.... Recalibrate the compass a hundred Frikkin times till it works..... That's all I can say..... Whew! What an ordeal..... This thing is actually a technological nightmare.