Pixhawk px4 vs Dji Wookong for Aerial photography

Tercerojo

they can say using pixhawk px4 with gps module for photography and videos on a large hexa to be lifted around 6 kg or more ? Vs, the Naza V2 or Wookong with gps? I understand that pixhawk px4 is less expensive and includes more features such as waypoints dji not if you do not pay separately. It would be reliable for this purpose ? , Do you think?

jdennings

Definitely, but you will have a much higher learning curve with Pixhawk than Naza or Wookong. If you have limited experience with setting up and flying multis I'd suggest "playing" with Pixhawk on a cheap small quad first.

Old Man

The 3dR X-8 will do the job for sure. One has been used carrying "after market" components and using the Mission Planner flight plan software for some time. However, APM/Pixhawk software requires the user to take some time in learning how it works as opposed other FC's where you load it onto your laptop, turn on the system, and hope for the best. Jennings gives good advice, try Pixhawk on a small system to learn how it works.

An alternative is to purchase the 3dR X-8M and learn as you go. Their pre-packaged units typically work quite well but the uninformed user has a very long learning curve when they need to make repairs or changes. The X-8M is not something for people new to MR's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tercerojo

Thank you for your advice , it is more prudent before risking expensive equipment testing one test .

The 3dR X-8 will do the job for sure. One has been used carrying "after market" components and using the Mission Planner flight plan software for some time. However, APM/Pixhawk software requires the user to take some time in learning how it works as opposed other FC's where you load it onto your laptop, turn on the system, and hope for the best. Jennings gives good advice, try Pixhawk on a small system to learn how it works.

An alternative is to purchase the 3dR X-8M and learn as you go. Their pre-packaged units typically work quite well but the uninformed user has a very long learning curve when they need to make repairs or changes. The X-8M is not something for people new to MR's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Man

There is yet to be a DJI match for the Pixhawk. APM had unlimited waypoints before DJI had more than a hand full. You can program a Pixhawk to do darn near anything. If you can dream up the code for something new you can integrate it. With DJI and most others you have what they want you to have and unless someone comes up with a clunky SDK app you get no more.