Pixhawk PID

Chalagi

Why will pixhawk not let me change the altitude pid setting. I change it from 1.00 to 1.300 and click write parameter and if goes back to 1.00. I also have a drift while in stable and althold. I have re-calibrated the gps and the accel. several times and each time the pixhawk has accepted the numbers. Do you think that if I were to autotune the pixhawk it would take out the drifting? If it does not this piece of crap is going into my junk box.

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Don't junk it! Sell it to me...

Alt Hold is not loiter. It holds altitude. If your craft is perfectly balanced, it will stay still or drift in the breeze.

If you have a drift greater than 2 meters in Loiter, sell.

Chalagi

I know the difference between Alt hold and Loiter. My quad will drift in stable and alt hold also and the drift is great. I don't know if it will drift in loiter because I have not gotten that far into the flight modes.

Chalagi

I found that my compass arrow was pointed to the left some so I repositioned it and then recalibrated the compass. It does not drift that much now. And in loiter for the first time it may have moved 1 to 2 feet at the most. I was very surprised at how it held the position. I think after I do the tuning on the pixhawk it should be much better.

Chalagi

The MP still will not let me change the "P" setting for the altitude in the "PID" section. It is set right now at 1.000 and I was going to change it to 1.2 or 1.3. But when I click write parameters it goes back to 1.000.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
It's probably because you are trying to set it outside the suggested range. If you use the Full Parameters List, it will let you force the issue. You can do anything you want with no restrictions in Full Parameters List.

What kind of drift? Horizontal or Vertical?

Chalagi

In altitude I have a horizontal drift and I know that in gps it should hold much better than what it is now. In the full parameter list what is the altitude hold under?

Last edited by a moderator: