Pixhawk on DJI S900

jfro

Aerial Fun
One of the developers flying around on the s900 w/ pixhawk and a 3 rd party GPS. Anyone know where to buy the power module for 6s batteries?

Last edited by a moderator:

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Hobby King has an HV PM, but I don't know if I'd trust it. I've already heard about one failure and I haven't even been looking. I just use a BEC and wire it in.

dazzab

Wow! I've been waiting ages to see this. When Marco posts tests I pay attention as he's one top flyer. I've heard that 3DR may finally have dealt with mounting their IMU properly as well so maybe there is some hope for the Pixhawk. I hope they are working on decent OSD as well. There's always a surprise around the corner with them. I just went to a demo of a S1000 and as much as I loathe DJI as a company I must say that I was extremely impressed. It even had HD downlink and of course, the Zenmuse camera gimbal is to die for. Just amazing.

jfro

Aerial Fun
There's been conversations about pro's using it for filming and pro's using it on larger MR's. This seems to indicate it handles very well on a mid size MR.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Yes, I mean... this is why I've been saying, I don't understand how it could *not* be used for pro filming. It flies very well, and has done so for some time.

A big part of the reason it flies so well, is because we care about sport/acrobatic performance as much as we do auto flight. There's no 30 degree angle limit on this thing, that's for sure.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Yes, I mean... this is why I've been saying, I don't understand how it could *not* be used for pro filming. It flies very well, and has done so for some time.

A big part of the reason it flies so well, is because we care about sport/acrobatic performance as much as we do auto flight. There's no 30 degree angle limit on this thing, that's for sure.

I'm one who is a candidate to put it on an x8 or hex. However, while I'm not the smartest or dumbest person around, I still don't feel confident enough to go there yet. I had my pixhawk quad fall out of the sky (operator error while changing flight modes and then cutting throttle when something unexpected happend) and it still shakes me a bit. Not ready for that to happen with a bigger rig & more money in the gimbal/camera. More time will help....

There is so many flight modes that I probably need to just use the basics and forget about the 6 modes on 2 switches or learn a better way to program them. Probably in my case, less is more, but then that sort of defeats the purpose and lure of the Pixhawk, it can just do so much, one wants to explore it's many capabilities.