pitch curve advice (whoop whoop my first proper post)

shawdreamer

sooooooo....

this is gonna sound like a completely noob Q but when it comes to flying my first build Quad its kinda understandable and Id rather err on the side of caution.

(just so you know why Im asking....)

as I mentioned in my intro I recently built my first Multirotor (F450, idiot proof QQSuper, KV1000's), After an unfortunate "OMFG ITS LEGGING IT STRAIGHT UP:rolleyes::eek:" accident I transfered all my tronics into a new frame (X-mode Alien) and took it out a couple of times yesterday and today for a few hover tests and minor manoeuvres to test stability and weedle out any vibrations or balance issues (Im satisfied that Ive got it right, she hovers like she's on gps hold when theres no wind:D)

during the fine tuning of the trim, gain and auto leveling I had to input a few small controls to keep the Quad more or less stationary and while I was doing that I noticed just how strong a response I was getting from the quad even when inputting only the smallest of corrections and as my TX is currently running the default pitch curve (O-25-50-75-100) I was wondering what others set their curves at when they want to tone down their airframes response.

cheers in advance people!

haha49

If it sling shots back to center or wobbles it's to high. If it's not able to go forward in the wind it's to low. It's allot about personal preference start low then go up till you like it. For throttle half stick should stay hovering. What you set depends on motors, props, flight controller. Change any of them you have differen't settings. Go bigger props dial back the gain swap back and you have a slug in the air.

shawdreamer

currently my hover is around the 35% throttle mark with 10x45's and 42-42% mark with 8x45's with default p/curve settings but Ill soon be adding around 200g of weight to the frame with a custom landing gear mod Ill be building so that might hopefully see it around the 50% hover on 10x45's

shawdreamer

just to clearly define something ere, I did actually ask a "noob" type of question purely becuase im a forementioned "noob":D

this is my first multirotor build and my first time flying something a little more involved than a RTF straight out the box quad, that said I have no problem admitting to a lack of detailed knowledge when it comes to programming my transmitter (also my first Comp. TX btw) as Ive never had to deal with such previous.

As such Im learning as I go ("Learn by Doing" is my philosophy) and when people start throwing numbers, abbreviations and data at me I dont understand or have little experience with my eyes start to glaze over (sort of like how they do when the missus starts talking about the electric bill or some "fantastic pair of shoes" she's seen....... she hates when I do that;))

Ive only really just got the hang of the basics of adjusting pitch and throttle curves so when you tell me to adjust my "expo" my brain begins to throb and the all-to-familiar blurring of my vision sets in:oops:.

are you saying that I should do a bit of research into adjusting expo rather than faffing about with the pitch curve for now?