Photohigher skyline rsgs

Tretch5000

I'm using a photohigher gimbal, i'm trying different servo's on the gimbal to try anything that might work to help solve the jitter issue.
the freefly servo's eliminated the jitter and the gimbal worked good. but like i said in my last post. when i use the freefly servo's the fets get hot. the gimbal works great but the fets get so hot they melt.
but when i go back to the savox servo's they jitter really bad, even with the new firmware. i'm just trying anything i can to make the skyline work correctly. but so far nothing has worked with acceptable performance

Dominic

Hello
Please can any one tell me if the AV130 carrying the Cannon 550D works with the Skyline?

And just to re-iterate I think Photohigher should do the right thing and commit to a global recall of the skyline units as they do not work.
We brought the AV130, with the 360 add on which we had to have modified as the main plate was so weak it would bend! Then we brought the Skyline and it did the following stripped the teeth on the role gear, has no end points, and jitters like mad, all in very poor products.

Dominic Horsley
Rotorshot.co.uk

Fifon

New firmware is not working = full jitter !

I'm so bored with the skyline, I spent 1 hour this morning trying again to made it work but the only thing I get is still full jitter :upset:
I'm using the jitter solution posted by Photohigher, firmware 1.1.6 and no payload on gimbal (AV200 and AV130) but the result is not acceptable at all because of the jitter.

Like Dominic said, it's now time for PhotoHigher to make a global recall because we have tested an re re tested the Skyline and it's not usable at all.

Now I'm waiting here for an answer of Photohigher...

Hello
Please can any one tell me if the AV130 carrying the Cannon 550D works with the Skyline?

And just to re-iterate I think Photohigher should do the right thing and commit to a global recall of the skyline units as they do not work.
We brought the AV130, with the 360 add on which we had to have modified as the main plate was so weak it would bend! Then we brought the Skyline and it did the following stripped the teeth on the role gear, has no end points, and jitters like mad, all in very poor products.

Dominic Horsley
Rotorshot.co.uk

Hi Dominic,
the issue about the roll being mad when you cut the power on skyline is only dur to a bad calibration at startup.
If you follow the manual, remove the belt and roll gear, set up the servo like indicated you have no roll and tilt issue when you cut the power off.

The 550D fits in the AV130 but you have to use curved cables for the 550D because classical cables are going out straight and it doesn't fit has the cable add 20mm in the lengh of the 550D.

cs8

Today my Skyline stopped working. It didn't respond to radio commands. It was moving by itself in tilt and roll. I've checked everything. Nothing helped. Than it started to work again by itself. But just for one flight. And later died again. I've reloaded software, tried without radio, the same story.
Now it is working again. I hope it stays in working mode for the next flight and after that I'm selling it.

Or can I send it back to PH as defective and request money back?

Tretch5000

I agree with dominic as well, i have spent hours and hours trying to get this thing to work with no success of any kind to get acceptable performance. I'm tired of messing with it,
i have 2 skylines, one on the gimbal and another still brand new in the box. it does have potential to work. I can see that!!! but it's just not ready yet..
It has way to many bugs and was not cheap. now i have two skylines that i don't know what to do with. it should not be this hard to get a 2 axis gimbal to sit still.

i was really excited that the new firmware was gonna be the fix. what a let down that was...

PairAir

Mine is showing the exact same behaviour as with old fw. Has anyone tried the "Download CSV" button on the Monitor tab? I thought it would be nice to load it into Excel to see what's going on, but I only get an unhandled exception error.

cs8

And how does this think work?
If I connect roll servo to tilit servo input, it is still working as a roll??

And If I connect just tilt servo into any input, there is no jitter! Not even a little!

I managed to redirect tilt jitter to roll axis where it is not so visible. Now I will do a test flight :nevreness:

This is what I was affraid of , there is still jitter and it has not been solved !
Is PH playing with us ? it took them a month and we received the new firmware with the same jittering issues !
I knew it was not going to be good as they showed the demo 1.1.6 with gopro and not with some heavier camera !
We did not buy mounts and stabilization to use with gopro and if you cannot get rid of jitter give us back our money.
We paid for 3 axes RSGS , and we would probably be happy even with 2 axes without jitter but obviously you can not even offer us 2 axes without jitter !
It looks like the only change in this new software is auto clibration which most of us did not need as we were able to set it up manually in the previous software !

Aviator

Here is a video using latest firmware 1.16 has anyone got better results?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominic

Hello again

I think we should all contact photohigher and ask for full refunds the Skyline is just not working!

Photoigher need to be honest about this situation, not only with them self's but with us the customers. If they have an ounce of honesty in them they should recall the lot!! I am glad some of you guys think the same as we do here at Rotorshot!

Dominic Horsley
Rotorshot.co.uk

ChrisViperM

I follow this thread a while now cause I was interested to buy one of this RSGS's. What I don't understand - after briefly reading the manual - that there is no possibility to set the speed, torque, frequency and Center-Position Pulse-Length for the used servos in the SetUp software. With almost all stabilization systems for Flybarless (FBL) Single Rotor Helis you HAVE TO set this values, otherwise the system might not work and produce undisirable results, ending in fried servos or damaged stabi system,...and a Gimbal stabi is in its core function not to much different than a FBL-stabi. Here is just two examples of the values from various servos: http://www.beastx.com/service_servoliste.html http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli/HELP_SERVO_PULSE.html
Simply speaking, the stabi software has to know to "whom" and in which "language" is has to talk to. Some people here reported about changing servos and getting different behaviour, I can't imagine that they it is possible to sort the jitter problems out without having the possibility to tell the software which servos are hooked up.

Maybe someone out there knows more about this...?

Chris

nicwilke

I follow this thread a while now cause I was interested to buy one of this RSGS's. What I don't understand - after briefly reading the manual - that there is no possibility to set the speed, torque, frequency and Center-Position Pulse-Length for the used servos in the SetUp software. With almost all stabilization systems for Flybarless (FBL) Single Rotor Helis you HAVE TO set this values, otherwise the system might not work and produce undisirable results, ending in fried servos or damaged stabi system,...and a Gimbal stabi is in its core function not to much different than a FBL-stabi. Here is just two examples of the values from various servos: http://www.beastx.com/service_servoliste.html http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli/HELP_SERVO_PULSE.html
Simply speaking, the stabi software has to know to "whom" and in which "language" is has to talk to. Some people here reported about changing servos and getting different behaviour, I can't imagine that they it is possible to sort the jitter problems out without having the possibility to tell the software which servos are hooked up.

Maybe someone out there knows more about this...?

Chris

Chris, Valid point and I actually found this out when trying gimbal stabilization with my ZeroUAV YS-X6 system. Using the PhotoHigher AV130, with stock Savox Digital servos, I had to change the settings from 50hz (analog) to 250 to 300hz (for digital) so they would work. Perhaps people are experiencing difficulties with different setups?

But we are using their mount with the same servos they were based their skyline on and it is not working !
What you are talking about should be an option for pepople who have not got the original setup !

Actually I think that the problem will not be solved by tinkering about with the firmware. Maybe one of you guys out there is a sufficiently expert electronics guru to come up with a board to interface with the Skyine that solves the power supply issues, gets rid of the knitting lesson that currently is described as a "loom" or "harness", decouples the AC on the control inputs etc. This might be an interim solution until PH come up with a new board.