Photohigher Halo 8 & Halo 2000

kloner

Aerial DP
i really like this part, no jello, very little movement on the camera, doesn't physicaly shake around under the rig....

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2023.jpg
    IMG_2023.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 284

Mojave

took this thing out for a real maiden, 40 mph, 30 degrees, let the atti gain get away from me in transport, really hate putting it on a dial, gotta get it to a trim like i was able to in my 8j but 8fgs just does'nt have the trim tab to assign it to....

the fpv cameras not hooked up yet, next trip out i'll get some train tracks going fpv. Gotta get some hours logged on it to have it compliant to fly gigs.

http://log.xaircraft.com/report.htm#2014_10_02_192837.500_9.1.04.39

http://log.xaircraft.com/report.htm#2014_10_02_192837.500_8.3.02.57

The logs here and the previous one look quite a bit different - what do you attribute that to?

kloner

Aerial DP
flying 40 mph in a santa ana?

this frame doesn't have a clean plate, 8 big motors, has a lot going on. it was pushed to 30 degrees in both axis

Mojave

flying 40 mph in a santa ana?

this frame doesn't have a clean plate, 8 big motors, has a lot going on. it was pushed to 30 degrees in both axis

Got it - did not realize you were talking about the Santa Ana winds. It was not exceptionally windy in downtown San Diego today and there were not any Red Flag Warnings for the county yet - I monitor this stuff. Thanks form sharing the logs!

[Post 200 for me! Not quite close to your 8,348 though - talk about sharing!]

sk8brd

allied drones makes a setup but its big and expensive for dslr type rigs. i was thinking about using these for my next h33d stretched 450 setup but requires a little work. check it out though..not my video. I've tested a custom setup on a go pro hard mount deal on a phantom a couple years ago and it was better then the rubber ball setup. http://www.stratus-productions.com/pov-vibration-isolator

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
Got this thing all together and it's so nice to fly.... Didn't see that coming. it's also amazingly clean looking all put together..... zero wires, can't even get to the esc's but there vented and running cool. Crazy efficient.... 5 minute flight had the tattus down to 3.9v a cell,,,, flying a gh4 on the halo 2000. The gimbal is alright but you can tell the programming needs some work. the maxon type motors give a different performance than i've seen from the brushless motors, instead of breaking away it gets stiffer and stiffer..... but at neutral in flight has that micro shake i see in all of them, but at that point your splitting hairs. none the less that's what my customers look at when they get 4-6k footage and think they can zoom and crop and use it like they use footage. So, were gonna hang a movi m15 under her and put her to work. The airframe weight makes wind seem a lot less turbulent, has good speed for such a big bastard, it's sexy as hell and gets a lot of attention every where it goes and still fits in my car. It's a winner

I'll try getting some pictures of it tomorrow to share. It's at 1.1 hours on the hobbs

jfro

Aerial Fun
Got this thing all together and it's so nice to fly.... Didn't see that coming. it's also amazingly clean looking all put together..... zero wires, can't even get to the esc's but there vented and running cool. Crazy efficient.... 5 minute flight had the tattus down to 3.9v a cell,,,, flying a gh4 on the halo 2000. The gimbal is alright but you can tell the programming needs some work. the maxon type motors give a different performance than i've seen from the brushless motors, instead of breaking away it gets stiffer and stiffer..... but at neutral in flight has that micro shake i see in all of them, but at that point your splitting hairs. none the less that's what my customers look at when they get 4-6k footage and think they can zoom and crop and use it like they use footage. So, were gonna hang a movi m15 under her and put her to work. The airframe weight makes wind seem a lot less turbulent, has good speed for such a big bastard, it's sexy as hell and gets a lot of attention every where it goes and still fits in my car. It's a winner

I'll try getting some pictures of it tomorrow to share. It's at 1.1 hours on the hobbs

Earlier you said "This thing is massive, 1500mm with 17" props"

I can only guess when you say "still fits in my car", you are referring to a van, SUV, or pickup truck.

Hope when you fly it you can get some dslr camera footage of the "beast" in flight. Gonna make a lot of peeps jealous...

Jjjkkklll

Why did you choose to go with such a crazy expensive frame? Is it related the faa exemption? And why did you swap back to Tmotor from kde? Really interested to learn more.

Are you able to share some video of this monster? Would love to see it in action.

kloner

Aerial DP
This frame cause it'll handle up to 55lbs. the other option today is allied drones and yea, way more. At $5k or whatever it was isn't that far fetched considering it came with landing gear, wire rope iso, etc. it's a lot of heli

We recommend using T-motor products after trying them all.

Jjjkkklll

Thanks for the info kloner.

Really curious about your issues with kde. I know how meticulous about testing so it says a lot to me that you won't use them anymore. Is it a business issue with them, or they just don't perform as well as you expected?

Love the look of that frame btw. It's hars to stomach the price but I see where you're coming from.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Kloner, got the 2 holed washers today. Thanks

If I had that car, I can guarantee you the Mrs. would not let even my little quad in it, let alone that monster.

kloner

Aerial DP
heres some pics of it at the shop....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2073.jpg
    IMG_2073.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_2076.jpg
    IMG_2076.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 219

SamaraMedia

Looking good kloner, let's see some video, please...

How do you like the Lumenier pilot cam? As good as the Seawolf Pixim?

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm trying to break away this weekend to get some time built up on it and will make something to share. Been busy lately

yes i do like them, the view reminds me of how a nice camera on the gimbal looks, super clear. it's 800 tvl, and that on 5.8 is about as hd as sd can look