Photo/Video Editing

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Well, my 5 pence worth here! I started with Premier Elements, bought it for about £80. It wasn't bad, but I really struggled with stabilisation. I then moved on to Vegas movie studio HD, which is only £60 and is so much easier to use (for me, anyway!) It stabilises videos very well, has loads of rendering presets and can upload straight to YouTube if you want. The next step up is Vegas pro at £500, but not necessary unless you are a serious video editor.

I am by no means a professional editor, but manage to get good results from Sony Vegas products.

Thanks Gunter. I'll check it out.

I know PE has some capabilities, but it just doesn't seem to be intuitive. Plus i'm having a hard time getting videos out of PE...

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Thanks Gunter. I'll check it out.

I know PE has some capabilities, but it just doesn't seem to be intuitive. Plus i'm having a hard time getting videos out of PE...

Just another thought, Sony does have a 30 day trial on their software. Use the full blown version without limitations IIRC.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I just moved to FCPx. Still learning it but quite powerful for doing unique kinds of things by layering effects. Still learning, so the jury is still out but impressed so far. Every-time I think I have hit a bug or problem with the application, I discover that it just does things differently, so need to learn a new approach. Once I get my VP ship in the air I will have something to work with.