Phantom V1 Firmware

This is killing me ... I screwed up and upgraded my phantom V1 with the red and white Naza in it to the most recent version ( 4.02 ) Now I can't get this beast to work right to save my life ! I can't get the compass to calibrate, it threw a fit on my spektrum receiver and wouldn't see it at all. So I have done this to it so far....

1. When I upgraded it... I did load the "Phantom" parameter file
2. It would not see the receiver to save my life, so on advise, I did a hard reset of the unit, reloaded the most recent version, and loaded the phantom file. It still would not see the receiver... so in frustration... I changed the receiver and the Naza finally saw
3. Calibrated the compass... seemed ok
--- Test flight.... flashed green... GPS seemed successful... but when flying... it would not lock, drifted all over like in attitude mode in a windstorm.
4. Checked Compass values, didn't seem low enough... tried calibrating again...it would not lower enough... so used a magnet to lower it... seemed to calibrate OK... Tried advanced IMU calibration and it said the IMU was too hot? I had just plugged it in !!
5. Tried flying it again... it was still all over.. and the red/yellow GPS flashing happened also...
This thing is frustrating... it was a Phantom 1 ... had never been upgraded and it flew awesome !!! If someone can advise me on how to get this thing running right I would be sooooo appreciative !!

Thanks

Joe