Phantom + Lightbridge - Freefall

Tahoe Ed

Does anyone have any new info on this problem? My phantom 2 is doing the exact same thing. I have a h32d gimbal, iso mini, and dji video downlink. I've added an orange rx8 through the s bus and use a spectrum dx9, and run carbon fibor props it flew great about 10 times, then randomly started losing throttle control and drops uncontrollably, Its not ring vortex, or low battery. I've tried switching to manual and giving it full throttle but no help. It's not losing signal because it doesn't go into failsafe, which I've tested and that works....I'm at 180' above sea level.

I have never been a fan of the orange Rx. I would try another Rx and see if the problem persists.

I thought the same thing at first but other people seam to be having the same problem with stock receivers. I tried to use a spectrum ar80000 but the phantom 2 assistant software will not allow you to switch to a "traditional." receiver. I need something with s-bus.

The ar8000 will work on a phantom 1 but they changed the software for the phantom 2.

I have a naza mv2 on my hex and use an ar9020 with no problems. The naza assistant software for the m v2 has more features.

Tahoe Ed

The problem is you are trying to use a 2.4gHz Rx that is in close proximity to a 2.4gHz transceiver that is blasting out video and can mask or disrupt the RC signal The solution is to move to a 5.8gHz RC system or to use the RC function of the Lightbridge. My favorite solution by the way. However, I did construct a P2 with Lightbridge and 5.8gHz RC for a noted photographer.

Hey Tahoe Ed, thanks for trying to help. I am aware of the thread name, Phantom + Lightbridge - Freefall, I figured two of the three things in the name applied to me, Phantom and Freefall, maybe the Lightbride has nothing to do with the problem

Woodsplinter

Hey all- new to quads, but I used to fly turbine helicopters. What you are describing sounds very much like "settling with power". If a helicopter is held in a hover, the rotor wash creates turbulence directly below. Descending straight down into this turbulence can render the rotor blades unable to produce lift. Adding power to climb increases the turbulence and makes things worse. The only way out is to move forward, backwards, or sideways if you can. If you don't have enough altitude to recover, you're going all the way to the ground.