Phantom H2-3D on an F450/F550?

adanac

Can the new Phantom-specific H2-3D be adapted to the F550/F450 and, if not, will one for those platforms come out?

Toxifera

Hey Adanac,

I have spoken with DJI in L.A. on two occasions and found out that they are going to be releasing the adapter plate for the F450/F550 shortly after the gimbal's release. I ordered an H3-3D from http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1042174-REG/dji_zenmuse_h3_3d_3_axis_gimbal.html and was told after contacting customer service twice that their H3-3D version comes with the GCU & a adaptor plate for the Phantom 2. There was a bit of confusion on weather or not the Phantom 2 version came with a GCU, but they assured me that it did. If it doesn't, their gonna owe me one. I will know for sure on this coming Tuesday. If I cant retrofit the Phantom 2 adapter plate I will probably make my own. Have a good one. Eric

Last edited by a moderator:

adanac

I purchased an H3-3D from B&H this morning and it came with neither an adapter plate nor GCU, nor spacers, as someone else suggested might accompany it.

Hey Adanac,

I have spoken with DJI in L.A. on two occasions and found out that they are going to be releasing the adapter plate for the F450/F550 shortly after the gimbal's release. I ordered an H3-3D from http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1042174-REG/dji_zenmuse_h3_3d_3_axis_gimbal.html and was told after contacting customer service twice that their H3-3D version comes with the GCU & a adaptor plate for the Phantom 2. There was a bit of confusion on weather or not the Phantom 2 version came with a GCU, but they assured me that it did. If it doesn't, their gonna owe me one. I will know for sure on this coming Tuesday. If I cant retrofit the Phantom 2 adapter plate I will probably make my own. Have a good one. Eric

Toxifera

If you are putting it on a F450/F550 then you definetly need it. The GCU is the Gimbal Control Unit and it ties into your CAN Bus or, in my case the iOSD MK 2. It controls the H3-3D.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
With the original H3-2D the Phantom version the GCU was not included. It can still be purchased for $160. However if you bought the non Phantom version the GCU was included. Not sure if this will be the same for the H3-3D.

haha49

you could always just go with a tarot 2d gimbal it's less money works well and has everything you need just buy the one with the mount you want.

adanac

I suspect you meant to put some punctuation in there but I think I know what you've written... You're saying Tarot makes a 2D gimbal that works just as well as the Zenmuse but is cheaper? By "2d" do you mean a 3-axis gimbal?

you could always just go with a tarot 2d gimbal it's less money works well and has everything you need just buy the one with the mount you want.