Phantom compaired to DIY build

Hoki

Do you think a diy quad with a 450 or larger frame with naza or apm gps is just as good or better than the phantoms?

FerdinandK

Never in the world!
You can do a quad that is flying better, but you can never get better pictures/videos from a DIY-copter. Also no sonar, no optical flow, no digital video downlink with a DIY-build for that money. You need only to buy a P3, and if you already own a smartphone you can do FPV (charger, ...) everything (even the SD-card is included).

best regards
Ferdinand

Hoki

I'm not talking about video and pictures. I just mean like the flying part. I'm sure you can attach video transmitters and cameras to any drone that is even better than what the phantom comes with if you spend the money for the higher end quality kind. I don't think any drone should be rated on there camera/video stuff anyways.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i won't argue the merits of getting started with a DJI Phantom but I will argue that you can get comparable performance from a DIY copter. Sure there are some nice-to-have features with the P3 but aren't they all available in the DIY market with an APM based flight control system?