Phantom 2 wouldn't power down!

jezbot

Hi guys

have any of you had the unfortunate experience of a Phantom 2 refusing to power down?

I tried landing mine today and it wouldn't shut off, no matter how many times i tried the manoever.
Eventually it decided to give in and quit blade rotation at about 17% battery, which was a relief because i thought it was just going to rinse the cell down to 0% and kill it completely.
However things got worse when i tried to restart it after i'd changed all the batteries in the controller and in the Phantom and it wouldn't power up. nada.
All the lights are on and the gimbal responds to the controller! but no propeller/motor action, whatsoever!

Is there a diagnostic in the dji software?

thanks for reading

Jez

IBBuk

When was the last time your performed any calibrations?

DJI has two software assistants for the Phantom 2, one for the controller and the other for the Phantom itself. The "RC" Assistant will calibrate the controller and the "PT2" Assistant will calibrate the Phantom 2. Perform the controller calibrations first and then perform all the calibrations of the Phantom next, with the Advanced Calibration being the last calibration you perform.

It almost sounds like your Phantom and controller are either not communicating (although you indicate the gimbal lever still works properly, plus you must have been flying) or your sticks have gone out of calibration and the Phantom does not recognize the stick position nor the combination for start up.

Of course, if the problem persists and it is still under warranty a call to your vendor would be a good idea.

Tahoe Ed

If you are using the newest version of the firmware, it does appear to take longer for the Phantom to respond to the motor shut off. However, all you have to do is to hold the throttle down for about 5 seconds. You do not have to do the CSC. If that does not work then as mentioned, do the calibrations.

jezbot

Thanks for the reply's

The Phantom is flying again and seems to be working perfectly ok.
I did pair the controller back up with the aircraft as I'm pretty sure that some of the commands weren't being received.
I'll give my vendor a call today and see what they think might have initially caused the problem