Phantom 2 with H3-3D can get footage comparable to my S1000!

I took my Phantom 2 with H3-3D to Northern Michigan's Bay Harbor for the weekend to share some scenes with all of you. It is 1/10th the cost of my previous setup (S1000 with 5DIII), but I think the results can be pretty decent when you really take the time to learn how to get the most out of the GoPro and H3-3D. The H3-3D is beautiful, I am simply blown away by its performance -- it almost makes it too easy. The portability and low cost of this system versus my S1000 make me more willing to travel further and take far more risks than before, so hopefully there are some cool adventures around the corner. Check it out!
http://vimeo.com/100644330

<font color="#333333"><span style="font-family: Helvetica">

Last edited by a moderator:

Brett

I think you are right. I just have spent too much time building, experimenting and messing about with flight controllers, gimbals and all that goes with MR. When I get some time in between my paid work I feel like I am reinventing the wheel each time catching up with where I left off! So I just bought one right here and now!!!

Have you given up on the 5D3? Is it possible to get RAW out of that set up with the Zenmuse? That would be pretty special for sure preserving highlights etc etc.

Brett

I think you are right. I just have spent too much time building, experimenting and messing about with flight controllers, gimbals and all that goes with MR. When I get some time in between my paid work I feel like I am reinventing the wheel each time catching up with where I left off! So I just bought one right here and now!!!

Have you given up on the 5D3? Is it possible to get RAW out of that set up with the Zenmuse? That would be pretty special for sure preserving highlights etc etc.

I haven't given up on the camera, and I am not sure. I did, however, sell my S1000. I don't do this for a profession and simply was too expensive/stressful for me! haha.

Hey Gottabebrett,

Beautiful work. After a couple of years of building my own multis, I also got me a phantom2 w/H3-3D, and have been flying it more than my larger rig (S800). I love the portability, sturdiness, and together with my Lightbridge, wow!. For FPV its a sweet MR. However, as soon as the wind picks up, I'm wishing for the big one. On average, it blows 15kts here in the Caribbean, so I do my flights early in the am. But I have to say, the little phantom holds its own in fairly high winds. Plus, being able to do 20 min flights and more per battery, It's a new experience. I still love to fly the larger rigs, but I'm liking the phantom, even if it gets a bad rap, mostly due to inexperienced piloting.
Cheers,

There was a guy with a Phantom that filmed the whole fireworks show near where I live. However, a lot of people were irritated with the red and green light floating around but I was actually a little jealous because of the much longer flight time he had compared to my 1000 even with the 16000 lipo. But I do like the HD quality of my GH-3 and stability of the 1000....am I making excuses?