Phantom 2 controller conflict with another Phantom 2?

LEEnR6

This is my first post here although I have been lurking here for a while. I did a search for my issue but have had no luck so maybe someone can help.

I have a Phantom 2 with the Zemuse 2D gimbal and 5.8ghz fpv with iOSD on it. I've had nearly 100 flights with it without issues of any kind (except ones I have created myself
icon_e_smile.gif
). Another friend bought the almost identical setup except with the 3D gimbal here recently and we both went out together to help him learn more about flying it.

We both lofted our Phantoms and saw a lot if interference in our monitors. I thought possibly we might be on the same channels or something on the video TX so I was going to address that later. The real problem was I got about 50m away and my craft stopped responding to inputs from the controller. It was in GPS mode using NAZA. It just hung there holding position and altitude but wouldn't yaw, pitch or roll. His craft had full control. He was using GPS mode and using the "Phantom" stock control settings. I finally had to invoke fail safe and when it was close I could switch back to GPS to regain control and land.

We then took turns flying one at a time and we had no problems at all. Flew out to 500m away across a huge field with no problems. Any ideas on what may cause this? They are stock controllers on 2.4ghz but I thought they were bound to each individual aircraft...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lee
Active Shooter Photography

Last edited by a moderator: