Pete's new Tricopter Fleet

Efliernz

Pete
I have been flying tri's (and lately Hexs) for nearly a year. They have caught the attention of some of the club fliers so this week we are having a tricopter workshop with 3 almost identical machines that I have built.

Motors are Rctimer 2836 750Kv 70 gram beasts.
HK SS 20A ESCs
1.5mm carbon plate top and bottom - with enough room for the Gopro on the top
12mm pine arms.
Rare-earth magnets hold the front arms in place. These work well - I have looped my KK and Paris Tricopters without any arm movement.

The boards are the cheap US25 KK5.5 boards from Singapore and came preloaded for the Tri's. The only issue I've had to reverse the servo direction on the Tx. It didn't matter how I orientated my servos/clevis, I couldn't get it to be "normal". Not a big deal - you just need Left-Yaw to arm, not right...

They seem to fly well. Not as well as my Paris V3.0 (which I didn't expect) but certainly as good as other KK boards I've flown.
A chance to convert more people (cheaply) to multis...

View attachment 943View attachment 944View attachment 945View attachment 946View attachment 947

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_9767.jpg
    IMG_9767.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_9770.jpg
    IMG_9770.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_9776.jpg
    IMG_9776.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_9784.jpg
    IMG_9784.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_9785.jpg
    IMG_9785.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 313

ovdt

Hey Pete,

It will be great if you post a video of your flight :) I want to build a small tricopter for indoors. I think I'm going to use one of my CC boards.

Efliernz

Pete
Here are a couple of videos of my usual tri. The first has on-board and from the ground footage at indoor flying :).
I have over 10 hour of flight-time on my Tri and it goes on holiday with me these days...;)

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete

I actually broke one of the u/c stalks on a light pole while recording the Blokarts! Lots of fun. I use the tricopter to keep my flying fingers working rather than flying the AP heli. They fly very similar.

Pete