Perplexing problem, help please?

tombro

Flamewheel 450 kit, has been flying just fine. Now it's not!

Pixhawk controller, I've been through calibration multiple times. Motors test correctly, did the accelerometer cal, controller cal, everything I can think of including updating/reloading the firmware. I'm using Mission Planner 1.3.32.

My problem is that with pitch forward, the copter wants to fly backwards! Roll and yaw work fine. in going through the detailed configuration data I did find that the motors we set to run when the copter was armed. I have no idea how I got that in there as I stay away from the intricacies of this controller as I learn. I did change that back to 0 and that worked, so I wonder what else may have been mixed up.

tombro

I have checked again in detail the Mission Planner configuration - no channels are reversed. Props turn in the correct direction and order, and respond as expected during a motor test. My understanding is that during the accelerometer calibration the copter it taught which way is front/back/left/right/up/down so it should know that a pitch down command is move forward.

Anyone?

dazzab

You don't by chance have Simple or Super Simple mode checked in your flight mode setups? If so, when the copter is behind you the controls will appear to be reversed.

tombro

You don't by chance have Simple or Super Simple mode checked in your flight mode setups? If so, when the copter is behind you the controls will appear to be reversed.
Your idea makes me want to run out to my shop and check that out. I have not played with Simple mode yet, but have read enough that I have assigned it to one of my available channels (5, mode 6). But when the unit is powered and armed, that mode has not been selected. Could it somehow implement itself in other ways? I can try eliminating all alternate modes (and should anyway) for this troubleshooting. And at the time of GPS fix pre-launch, how would it know which way is front/back in regards to Simple mode? I always stand to the rear when I launch, and if I turned it around then the left/right would be reversed.