Penalized for buying early!

baker2055

So I bought the DJI Phantom 2 Vision in Late Oct. I am leaving on a holiday so I wanted to have an extra battery. When they came out I bought one. Now, not even 1 month later you can buy a new Phantom 2 with an extra battery included. I contacted DJI they said sorry we only send extra battery to those that buy between 11-25th dec. I am not impressed with a company that does this. I don't believe they didn't know they were going to run a sale a few weeks ago and sold batteries full well knowing this!! Bad taste.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I HATE DJI and can’t stand how their stuff flies, but in this case it’s called “business”.
The initial rush (early birds) was over, need to keep sales pumping. Extra battery. boom more sales.
I think that’s the very least of their dirty practices...

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
This is indeed buisiness and with the industry moving so fast, there are plenty of cases of being penalised for buying early- it is not just with DJI. It's a bit like when computers started to hit the high street in any real strength, you bought something on a Mon and by Fri it was already outdated. You have to jump on the band wagon at some stage so jump on when you do, look forward not back.

Its a no good bitchin, everone has specials at one time or another, you just gotta be there at the right time. regards - bruce
PS Its never a good idea to be an early bird, you buy into too many problems/bugs/etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Guys get real. Many manufactures have post intro deals. If you want to be first in line you will pay premium. I did with the P2Vision and purchased a second battery. It is what it is. Whining does not help. To say DJI and its dealers are at fault and you should compensate you is unrealistic. Just my $.02 after several years doing this.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yeah but they brought out the 14SG now, can't they just swap my T8FG for the new better one? What about those that have a couple of Naza-M V1's and not the later 1.1......

Deal with it kids that is how it is..

LOL!!

baker2055

Wow, let them off that easy, not a chance they need to be a responsible retailer. But you are right about buying untested new stuff I usually never do it, now I know why.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Between certain dates seems to me they was running an incentive program to up the sales! happens all the time to lure customers in, does not mean if you bought outside these dates you are entitled to the freebie.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Wow, let them off that easy, not a chance they need to be a responsible retailer. But you are right about buying untested new stuff I usually never do it, now I know why.

FFS really, can I swap my V1 Naza-M's for V2's, of course not, deal with the fact that someone somewhere will get a better deal than you, if you refuse to deal then stop buying stuff.