Pdb question

Teco

hi? i am about to finish my CC650, I will place the CC PDB on the top plate, I was talking to a HF member and he said that I can't use the PDB on the same plate with all the other electronics near, like IMU, RECEIVER, GPs etc...
He says, " you don't want all the RFI generator by the power lines so close to the IMU"
confused.gif

What are you guys think? I know RCDRONES has some custom pictures on his website showing some copters with the PDB on the same plate with the others electronics , and one member here on HF has his CC650 with the setup just like RCDRONES ,

The guy said , you got to put the PDB and the ESC under the hood

thanks

<tbody>
</tbody>

Electro 2

Since it's primarily the mag field from the interconnecting wiring that causes issues, far less so the RFI from ESCs, it's the mag compass that has to be distant. If the compass is located in the FC box, getting it far away has an marked effect. If you're using a WKM or a YS-6, the mag is located inside the GPS antenna housing and mounted on a pole-like arrangement which pretty well insures isolation. Hard to get enough space on a small frame. I had a heck of a time getting the PDB and EFC far enough away from each other on my 585mm size job. Never did totally eliminate it, eventually just minimized it. On the data monitor screen you can now just barely see the mag sensor output wiggle with throttle hammering. On a bigger frame, probably wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Electro 2

"Under the hood" No clue as to where this is but I mount mine on the bottom of the frame halves out in the breeze but above the gimbal truss system. Also permits easy access for ESC removal, etc. It's the farthest point away from the flight electronics deck which is at least 3 inches above this on a small (585) frame.