Paraboard up in smoke

I wanted to charge my two new Hyperion 5000 mah 25c, so I connected the first to the paraboard with power cable and balance cord. The next one the same, but when I plugged the balance coard in as the last one smoke came up from the board and one of the connecting lanes between the soldering points was burned over.

There were no power on the board when I installed the batteries.

Have I done something wrong or is there a problem with the board?

Later I charged the batteries (Icharger 306B) one at a time, but I was not able to make a balanced charge, because the charger said there were something wrong, when I plugged in the balancing cable.

When they were charged I again tried to make a balanced charge, but with no luck.

Do you think the paraboard have destoyed my balancing cables?

Claus.

Lanzar

Yes the polarity of the bateries was wrong. ON i charger it is hard to charge 2 bateries at the same time. U need to check the balancing ports and bateries are connected as they should. Since othervise u blov out the balancing pic on the 1 balancing port wich is connected to the ground to the 2 balancing port. And u burn it because the polarity was not right and u had shortened out the banacing ports.
I would need to draw it on paper so it could be explained. Hard with words. we did it also once and then after 30 min we figured it out what was the problem.

Yes u burned the balancing board but u can repair it. TAke the rubber off and u will se what hapened. Then u take one pin out of 3s wich i supose u dont need and resolger it to the 4s or 5s. I dont know wich one u burned.
And dont charge 2 of them if u are not sure how to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Lanzar. The polarity on my deans are correct. I had read, that it doesn´t matter where you plug the balancing cable, but I did it just beside the deans. So the polarity in the original mounted balancing connectors must have been wrong I guess.

Do you think the paraboard have destoyed my balancing cables (batteri)?

Regards
Claus.

Lanzar

http://www.kopterworx.com/Chargers/ICharger-PRO-1000W
is this the charger and is the balancing port conector the same.

If that is tru then there is nothing wrong with bateries almost 99% and when i have time i will draw u a sheme to prove it.
U charge 4s bateries in series so that means u have 8s batery for charger. when u conect the +-+- u get 8s batery. Now there are 2 ways u can do it. If u are using http://www.kopterworx.com/New-products-in-January/HXT4mm-2-Packs-in-Series
So when u connect it the worng way a current will shortcircuit will pass threw balancing port cause 1 batery will try to charge the other.
Hope i make some sence now. And probably u killed the pin marked on the 1st banacing port. See picture.
Btw i replaced the pins on batery and charger and they work perfect. View attachment 3918

Attachments

• Brez naslova.jpg
    Brez naslova.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 279

That is the charger, but one size smaller, 306B (only up to 6s). My batteries are 3s.
I think I will forget about the paraboard and just get a cable with more heads and balancers.
Thanks for your input.