Panasonic GH4 transmits on playback, but not live feed.

cranxwork

Please see the above vid of my problem.
I have connected the GH4 via the HDMI through a converter to the DJI AVL58
The transmission works and i can watch videos back on the remote monitor, but when i switch to record mode the camera will not output via the HDMI.
Is there a setting where I can manually turn this on, as I was expecting the switch to be automatic.

Thanks, Jack.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It's usually an HDMI out setting on the GH4 I believe. Set to PAL, auto downconvert or 1080p and maybe try live view frame rate (I have mine on 60fps I think).

cranxwork

Thanks Ben, I will try all of those features. The menu structure seems fairly simple which is what confused me. I was wondering if there was something I had missed, that is specifically for the purpose of choosing whether to use the inbuilt LCD or the HDMI out for monitoring.

PMaughan

Hi Jack,

I've had this problem with some hdmi converters. Which one are you using and have you updated the camera to latest firmware?

Pete

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
have you tried tapping the LVF button a few times?
and here is the relevant manual page.
it works for me with my el cheapo $10 chinese HDMI converter in all modes including UHD and 4K
View attachment 23388

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 8.31.22 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 8.31.22 AM.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 466

Buzz_Roavr

There are many peculiarities with the GH4 live view I'm afraid. Just be methodical and make notes. I tried to use a blackpearl on the handlebars of my Ronin the other day and could only get it to show on the BP in one of the recording modes. Happy fiddling!

cranxwork

It does sound very tricky. What cables would come with a Zenmuse? I cant see whether there would be any great difference between what I have and the integrated solution that provides.