Panasonic GH2 HDMI out to transmitter. How is this done?

ctbon

Newb question here. I will be building an Okto2 soon (Yaaaay!) and I'm wondering about connecting my camera to the FPV transmitter. If I can avoid getting a seperate FPV cam I would like to.

CopterCam

Newb question here. I will be building an Okto2 soon (Yaaaay!) and I'm wondering about connecting my camera to the FPV transmitter. If I can avoid getting a seperate FPV cam I would like to.

To my knowledge the GH 2 does not output 'Composite' video and a HDMI to Comp. converter would be impratical for our purposes. Furthermore, the GH2 does not support Live record, if your intention was this, so a second cam is your only alternative until a hack appears, if ever.

A great camera in every other respects...........!

Sid

FOX222

I have read where others have purchased a HDMI to composite convertor and striped the board out of the box, did some custom wiring and use it for a down link. You can find several online that are dc powered.
41ax-twUQxL._AA300_.jpg

212LOMiEVcL.jpg

ctbon

I have read where others have purchased a HDMI to composite convertor and striped the board out of the box, did some custom wiring and use it for a down link.

yeeps! I think I'll stay away from custom wiring for now...maybe after my build I will have more confidence doing something like that.

CopterCam

I have read where others have purchased a HDMI to composite convertor and striped the board out of the box, did some custom wiring and use it for a down link. You can find several online that are dc powered.
41ax-twUQxL._AA300_.jpg

212LOMiEVcL.jpg

Interesting ! ............... I know of one individual who posted that he used a mini FPV cam mounted in a neat housing and attached it to the GH2 LCD ?

Sounds like a more doable alternative for the Electronically challenged, perhaps ?

Sid

CopterCam

That was quick. Nice to see there are people trying to get the most out of the Panasonic cameras.

I knew the GH1 had been hacked and is now capable of a phenomenal 3K Video output but I was under the impression that Panasonic had taken steps to ensure the same fate did not befall the GH2. Something to do with the need to preserve the integrity of their Video cameras such as the AF100 ?

But 1001 Copters, is your intelligence source reliable ?:confused:

Sid

jes1111

I'm curious - wouldn't it be rather dangerous to use your capture camera's output for FPV? Assuming it's on a gimbal, the view it will feed you could be very misleading.

CopterCam

I'm curious - wouldn't it be rather dangerous to use your capture camera's output for FPV? Assuming it's on a gimbal, the view it will feed you could be very misleading.

Yes, ...... not a good idea if doing immersive FPV (not LoS) and image capture through a one person operation.

On occasions, I have used MyVu Shades, goggles which allow Los and a glance at the screens for framing. I have seen some examples of AV with the GoPro HD using immersive FPV and it was quite impressive. Takes some getting used to given the wide FOV ...... ?