Panasonic G7 Arrived

Pumpkinguy

Attachments

• 1684.5_Delaney_resize.jpg
    1684.5_Delaney_resize.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 255

Giovanni59

That's great, we have all kinds here on MR.
You better ask Andrew if he can design something bigger than his 1250 to carry that thing.
Hey, didn't I read you had three kids...smash that thing open, child trapped inside!!

Giovanni59

I got my Kopterworx converter but there is a discrepancy in their wiring diagram.
They indicate that white is video and I got the Immersion ready version. Here is the connector it comes with:View attachment 25540

You can see that the third wire is yellow.
Here is the Immersion connector:
View attachment 25541
do you think they made a mistake and video is really yellow on their setup or should I switch the wires around?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 351
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 197

Pumpkinguy

I dont know the answer to your question Giovanni but I wouldn't switch the wires.
BTW, here is a pic of the board Kopterworx uses. They remove the rca connectors, the usb port and the PAL/NTSC switch. View attachment 25559
Note the 2 capacitors and the heat sink. The HDMI2AV I purchased on ebay looks nothing like this.

Attachments

• 438391530_640.jpg
    438391530_640.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 230

Giovanni59

Yes, I figured they were just sloppy in their color indicating on their label
Look, everything online shows the video out as white but of course it is the yellow wire.
Already hooked it up and works like a charm, actually mine still has the NTSC/PAL switch
Thanks Pumkinguy
mini-hdmi-converter-immersion.jpg

Pumpkinguy

I tested it. works perfect. Here is a pic of the Kopterworx version on the left next to the ebay one I got that doesnt work. They look totally different. BTW, That sticker they put on is directed towards the "Wire yourself version" Not the immersion version so color does not apply here. View attachment 25560

Attachments

• 20150713_171344_resized.jpg
    20150713_171344_resized.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 225

Giovanni59

Yes, I agree about the box easier to attach but others have mentioned that these can overheat and being in the box could exacerbate that.
I am in Florida.

Giovanni59

Good point!. I'm sold, it's going back into one of the boxes and with newly drilled holes.
Thanks for the tip. Even though I think the shrink wrap will ventilate better than a sealed box your method is brilliant.

Pumpkinguy

fyi, I had to trim a couple plastic tabs off inside the box with a razor as the boards are a slightly different shape. be prepared for that.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I took mine apart (I have 3, 2 of the white box and 1 of the Kopterworx). I took the top off the white box and strapped it down with nylon straps using the back for some 2 sided tape. Has worked fine. I don't live in a big heat zone, so heat isn't a big issue most of the time.

Pumpkinguy

I took mine apart (I have 3, 2 of the white box and 1 of the Kopterworx). I took the top off the white box and strapped it down with nylon straps using the back for some 2 sided tape. Has worked fine. I don't live in a big heat zone, so heat isn't a big issue most of the time.
Jim, do you mind sharing with us what vendor you got them from?