P2 & Ground Station - Install Ideas Wanted

I'm struggling to find a way of fitting the DJI ground station datalink transmitter and iOSD mini onto my P2. There's little space available. Anyone done this? Any ideas?

Tahoe Ed

I have my iOSD mini mounted on the side of the copter with double stick 3M tape and the data link on the bottom with the AVL58 mounted on top of it. I get 700m out of the AVL58 and the GS works as well.

Thanks for that Ed.

At the moment I am flying without my iOSD and using a similar idea to yours with my data link secured to the base of the P2 with 3M and my transmitter velcroed on to it. This is working well but I would like the security of the iOSD info in the event I have to cut loose from the ground station if any anomaly should arise.

Ideally I would like to mount the iOSD inside the P2 case but I cannot figure out a neat way to bring out the CAN-bus lead to connect to my datalink. Is it feasible to cut the CAN-bus cable and feed it through the leg and then join up the wires with solder?

The ideal solution for me would be to have the iOSD mini permanently installed with the option to add or remove the datalink at will.

ddikie

I just clipped away a bit from the bottom shell and fed it through, works ok and if you want to remove the datalink just tape the canbus cable so it don't flap around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally made the decision to put the iOSD mini inside my P2.

I cut through the grey 4 wire CAN-bus ribbon cable inside the P2, removed my iOSD case and made a direct soldered connection. I then reconnected the outgoing grey ribbon cable directly to the iOSD CAN-bus output to feed my datalink via the leg connector. The biggest problem was identifying the CAN-bus wires in the P2 which are not colour coded and I was helped by reading a detailed posting from Ahmed on the DJIguys.com forum.

My iOSD now resides snugly beside the Naza main controller inside the P2 and my datalink is attached to the base with Velcro allowing it to be removed when required. A big saving in weight and I am getting close on 16 mins flying with both the iOSD and datalink before I hit the 25% battery warning.