Outgrowing my Dronium Two

280 or 450?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

psjoholm

Hello all!

Looks like there is a pretty nice community on here for drone lovers:)

For Christmas, my wife surprised me with a Dronium Two (a re-branded Syma X5C, from what I can see) and I have absolutely fallen in love with flying. Basically, it has gotten me to the point of wanting something nicer.

The main reason I had wanted a drone was for aerial videos, but I have found that I also love to fly fast and just have fin with my drone.

So, I am at a spot where I want to get into something a lot nicer. I have also figured out that I do not want an out of the box experience, as I am a tinkerer and love the idea that i can customize and build on top of my initial creation.

What I am not so sure on yet is if I am going to start with a 450 or get a 250-280. 450 I love for the ability to fly high and fly steady and the 280, of course, for the aerial flying fun and possibly FPV flying eventually.

Of course, budget doesn't allow me to get both. Knowing that I will want to end up with both, and the fact that I do not need to take aerial video (would just be for my pleasure of sharing with fiends and family), which direction would you recommend for me to go?

Thanks and super excited to be here!

Patrick

FLJim

Hi Patrick and welcome to the forums! I recently got the multirotor bug myself and started with a 250. I also just finished building a F450 and I have to say I wish I had started there. While the 250 is fun because you can fly it indoors (sort of), the F450 is just a much smoother craft so far.

psjoholm

Hi Patrick and welcome to the forums! I recently got the multirotor bug myself and started with a 250. I also just finished building a F450 and I have to say I wish I had started there. While the 250 is fun because you can fly it indoors (sort of), the F450 is just a much smoother craft so far.

Thanks Jim. I think I am going to go the route of small to large, like you did. Question for you. On your 250, which rx and tx are you using?