Hoverfly OSD not level - any ideas?

Efliernz

Pete
I have not used the ODS in the past so I have nothing to compare this to.

I have flashed the latest firmware and started from the beginning with temp and the acc calibration process. I have done this twice, getting the same results. The horizon is not level... and it should be. It is level in the setup program.

View attachment 7818

Another thing I find strange is that I have centered all my TX trims and subtrims and started clean. My DW VM-6 (in manual mode) lifts up and is perfectly in trim. Magnificently perfect! When I switch to AL, I need a lot of roll trim to balance it - as though it is trying to balance to what the OSD tilt is. Yes I can trim it out (with a heap of trim), repower, all that stuff but I am wondering if others are seeing similar results when changing to the new firmware.

Pete

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2012-11-25-15h09m40s14.jpg
    vlcsnap-2012-11-25-15h09m40s14.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

I have just done a calibration on my X8 and have the same thing as Pete. In the setup software after doing the calibrations my horizon line is no longer level. It was perfectly level before the calibration.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
You need the v4.6 setup client for the calibration to work with the new firmware. You can get it here:
http://www.hoverflyupdate.com/setupClient4.6/publish.htm

I think this is what is causing the issue you are having.

I have just done a calibration on my X8 and have the same thing as Pete. In the setup software after doing the calibrations my horizon line is no longer level. It was perfectly level before the calibration.

Efliernz

Pete
We are both (Stacky + I) using the latest downloaded clients.

I am doind a rebuild / gimbal change at the moment and I'll review this in the weekend.

Pete

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
There was an update to the old setup client, this is not what you need. You need the v4.6 or higher setup client on the link I posted. Make sure that version number at the bottom of the setup client says 4.6.0.2 or greater

We are both (Stacky + I) using the latest downloaded clients.

I am doind a rebuild / gimbal change at the moment and I'll review this in the weekend.

Pete