Hoverfly OSD connecting instructions/diagram

panino

Hi guys,

I know that this subject has been chewed through a lot of times, but i sure need some help here, becouse i am stuck....
I am using HFP black board with GPS board connected. I am using a separate 3s lipo to power the video tx. Camera is GOPRO 2 (it has its own batt so no need for power for the camera).
Video TX/RX are:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._5_8G_500mW_8_Channel_AV_Transmitter_FPV.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18649__Boscam_RC805_5_8Ghz_8_Channel_AV_Receiver.html

1. The video signal from the GOPRO (yellow wire) + ground from the separate tx lipo goes to OSD/video in. But what is the "connected" (red wire) shown on the HF user manual for?
2. Video signal wire(yellow) from OSD out + ground goes to the video TX, but again what is the red wire from the OSD out for?

Can someone please help me with the correct wiring diagram/or explanation?
stuck, stuck, stuck, sucks

Thnx for all the help i got here,
Vladimir

It's been a while since I've looked at this, but I don't think you need to worry about the red + wire. Just run the yellow signal and black ground wire from the camera to the OSD in on the HFP. Then run the yellow wire and ground black wire from the OSD video out to the Vtx. The red wire should bypass the OSD port an run from the camera to the Vtx. Since you don't use the red power in your camera, the red only runs from your battery to the Vtx. Cut the red wire at the camera and don't let it back feed from the Vtx to the OSD. It takes some wire splicing. So, from battery, you need to split the black and make sure the camera and Btx get ground. Red only goes to Vtx only. Home this helps. I would suggest passing the power red and black wires through a bec and an LC type filter to keep video clean.

panino

Thnx tahoelight, that sure helps.
I`ll sure inform You of the results.
For now i dont have any power filters, but i plan running the VTX from the separate lipo (3sp 1050mah). I`ll try it like that and then if no good i`ll get some filters. But I still have a ton of work to do to get things straight after my last crash....

Thnx again, all the best!
Vladimir