Tau Labs OpenPilot Forum is now, open

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I edited the forum title and thread title to reflect the proper spelling of the OpenPilot project. I too have a CC board on the way and it's first ride will be in my XAircraft X650 frame followed by a top secret single rotor project I'm working on :cool::cool: (shhhh, secret!).
bc

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
All of this misbehavior has caused me to have to recruit another moderator to restore order. Beware the wrath of Matwelli, the new OpenPilot Forum moderator.
Mat, don't take you know what from you know who! And no, becoming a moderator doesn't mean you can call me collect. :D
Thanks for volunteering to help out!
Here's a video that is totally unrelated to any multi-rotor stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8wnKMI6Jkc

Let's see how Mat handles this first infraction.

Bart

matwelli

feeling my god like powers and new status flowing over me......

Now to ban all the other mods and achieve forum domination !!!! muwaha !!!!

I dont really care, post whatever ya want, the worlds boring when its all off topic :D

edit:????

Stacky

Did my eyes deceive me or have I read somewhere that the software to connect and tune the board etc is also available for us mac users?

jes1111

Yes - Windows , Mac and Linux - plus Android in the works - oops! might have let the cat out of the bag there ;)

And it's not just the tuning, of course. Waypoints, scripted flights, full telemetry, etc. Exciting stuff!

Kilby

Yes - Windows , Mac and Linux - plus Android in the works - oops! might have let the cat out of the bag there ;)

And it's not just the tuning, of course. Waypoints, scripted flights, full telemetry, etc. Exciting stuff!

Get out of town! I'm a iOS developer myself ( www.kilbydesigns.com ). Is there anyway that I might able to get involved in this project and possibly port it to the iPhone/iPad?

Kilby

Get out of town! I'm a iOS developer myself ( www.kilbydesigns.com ). Is there anyway that I might able to get involved in this project and possibly port it to the iPhone/iPad?

Nevermind. I went to the wiki and I see why there is an Android but not iOS verison. No biggie, I'm still excited as can be to have the software native on my Mac.

jes1111

We're not targeting the iPhone/iPad because of Apple's highly restrictive rules about GPS usage. The Ground Control Station (GCS) is based on Nokia's Qt platform so it's fully portable across Mac/Win/Linux.

Get involved? Absolutely! Head on over to forums.openpilot.org and introduce yourself - full git/Jira/Confluence system to get at the code and documentation.