One beep from ESC

DerekJ

Hi all,

I've run into this rather odd problem. Long story short, I have a Reptile 500 quad that I cannibalized from an x500 frame that I was using as a test platform to learn the basics of quad flight last fall (probably 20 flights or so). In my rebuild, I switched my flight controller from a CC3D to an APM 2.6. I was trying to iron out a flipping problem when cold weather set in and I put the quad on the shelf for the winter. This weekend, I took it down and plugged in the battery during my configuration process only to be greeted by a single beep from an ESC. Power seems to be getting to all components. Mind you it was untouched all winter and was running fine save for the flipping problem prior. Very strange. I'm set up with a generic PDB, Multistar 20A ESCs, Sunnysky 2216-12 motors, MinimOSD, APM 2.6, the requisite power module for the APM and an FPV system. Before I tear it down and rebuild, I'm wondering if there's anything I should recheck. My plan is to re-solder or replace the PDB. Can't think of anything else that could be at issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

econfly

I assume the normal power up sound is different than what you are getting. If they beep (it's actually the motors that produce the sound) then you likely have solid connection to power and motors. Did you change battery voltage (and is the battery fully charged?). I would also look at the connections to the flight controller and confirm setup. Maybe the ESCs are not seeing a signal from the APM.

DerekJ

Yes it is different. A single short beep from just one. No other action. No change in battery voltage. I basically just moved everything over to the new frame and swapped out the FC. Had motors turning and everything before the winter. Battery fully charged. Definitely going to look at the flight controller connections. Perhaps something that I didn't notice has come loose. I'm not going to get a chance to tackle this before the weekend. Will report back on my findings.

DerekJ

It's a mass of spaghetti inside the frame. Might just bite the bullet and pick up a TBS Discovery frame. Would make it cleaner in there.