OK, WTF!

Pumpkinguy

Buddy I feel really bad for you. We can deal with crashes but injuries are not cool. That is a minor injury compared to what
could have happened. Consider yourself lucky. You need a bit of a ***** slap as well for not taking the props off after the first episode. WTF!
In my experience DJI refuses to look at data logs, or maybe they look but just simply refuse to discuss or acknowledge them with the end user.

teecee

I find it interesting that DJI has yet to respond to my email query to support about this. Nice service!

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
There's no service from DJI. For us in South America, a huge market, the only option is to buy again what should be taken care of under warranty, then hope somehow that one day the failed equipment returns repaired.

cootertwo

I dunno, call me an old stick in the mud (66 in sept, Nam vet), but has everybody forgotten that CHINA is a communist nation? How many lives, and dollars have been spent battling the communist regime, either cold, or hot wars over the past many, many years? Now they are our supposed buddies, supplying us with cheap, slave labor merchandise, and we act surprised when they appear to not give a chit? I apologize to any companies in China, that are trying to do things right. But, if you look up, you'll see a giant thumb ready to smash you like a bug, if you don't follow the rules. Sorry for my rant, I'm still sippin my morning coffee. I'm done.

@cootertwo IMHO I see absolutely NO difference between the Chinese communist/crony Capitalist model and American multinationals. Their behavior is remarkably similar. So WTF is your point here?

cootertwo

Oceans Eleven, this is getting too far off topic, but your right to express your opinion, was granted to you, when the USA and some others, saved your ass from Hitler's empire. Nuff said.

teecee

OK, more scariness here folks. I have a job coming up with my Skyjib Coaxial (Big Boy - 18" props etc.) so I thought I better test her out a little more throughly after the S1000 incident. I had previously unmapped all the phantom channel 17 assignments in the assistant and had tested with no motor spool up. Today outside I went to calibrate the compass and the motors spooled up just like the S1000 did when it tried to chop off my finger. I was standing 20' away and it shut down when I left the GPS/ATTI switch in ATTI.

Grounded!

In she came and all props OFF (yes, I took them off this time...) Not every time but almost she spooled up when I switched GPS/ATTI for a compass cali. Upon further inspection I found that the default setting for the Futaba T14SG in 14CH with SBUS RX is to have DG1 set to SD and DG2 to SA. I am not even sure what DG1 and DG2 are but I do know that SD is what I have mapped to CH7 which is my GPS/ATTI switch which usually initiates compass cali but until recently caused all motors to spool up.

Problem appears to be fixed. I have unmapped DG1 and DG2 on all units.

Can someone explain this to me? Also, why has this problem just begun now when all these machines have 100s of flights and dozens of successful compass calibrations. WTF...?

Pumpkinguy

When did you update to the latest FW and does that coincide with the problem?
2.5 was released in may. Many people including myself wait a couple months to update.

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
Ok so if I understand well, this happened on both your S1000 and Skyjib. Both on same firmware ? Shared radios ?

teecee

Sort of... The S1000 started doing this over 2 months ago BEFORE its firmware was updated. I actually opted to run the update hoping it would address the problem but it didn't. The SkyJib got updated at the same time as well as all other machines using the A2 flight controller as I like to keep everything the same. SkyJib and S900 both flew fine and S1000 still had the problem (it was sporadic). All machines share the same transmitter where, like I mentioned, DG1 was patched to SD which is the switch that operates GPS/ATTI. That function patch on the Futaba is now gone along with all the phantom channel 17 assignments that I thought might be part of the problem too. Currently all units are behaving how they are supposed to.

All these machines worked fine before. This was something that developed. We have over 200 flights on the S1000 over more than a year.

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
Well the idea would be to isolate the culprit, can you start with the computer and try from a different one ? Maybe a Windoze if you're on a Mac or vice-versa ? Then move on from there...?