Octo?

baker2055

I am looking for a dual control copter, pilot/camera gimble that would carry up to 10lbs. Something that can easily break down to a reasonable size. One with a gimble that is not limited to only one type of camera. that's about it...

Ronan

Budget? $10,000? $25,000? $60,000?

Some very nice foldable octo are available, with movie quality gimbals but they are very expensive.

I'm sure someone will put up some links, i just can't recall anything right now (been a longgggg day).

djw43

Have a look at the Black Armored Drone from Intuitive Aerial, originally $50k plus, I have a used one that could be in your price range if you are interested.

Old Man

Check the classifieds section. There are a few in there that fit your requirements. Most are Cinestars but those are good aircraft. There's a really nice Vulcan 900 in there I would like to get my hands on.

maxwelltub

ya the stuff in the classifieds are people from a few months ago who asked a very similar question right off the bat. deals to be had.

Old Man

Happens like that. Some see something that might look cool and easy (it does) but once they're all in they find out it's a lot of work, not at all easy, and a massive amount of stuff to learn they may have no previous relationship with. Then the reality of how much time is required to become half way good and the luster fades enough their investment gathers cobwebs in a corner. You have to really want it and build the sweat equity.

baker2055

I have had a Droidworx since 2011 but want to upgrade to an octo. Don't think I will wantto sell anything for a while. I don't want to build it I want a supplier that's been around for a while and has great service for guy who doesn't want to build just fly!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
That sounds great in theory, but what happens when you show up to fly and something is wrong. If you didn't build it how do you know what might be wrong? How do you fix it on set?

baker2055

For the most part I built mine all except for the major soldering. I don't trust myself with that. I have a friend that works on cnc machines, is excellent in electronics. Are there machines to build without alot of soldering or none at all?

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I could build something for you on contract. I'd propose something like a Tarot T18 folding frame, KDE XF5215 - 330 motors. KDE 35A ESC's. 18" props, 6S power. Pixhawk flight controller, all configured and ready to go. The only issue is we'd need to look at the budget, as I'm not sure how much would be left out of $15k. I'd have to consider the gimbal too. It could also be done with cheaper motors and ESC's if you want. iPower 5208-320 and Hobby Wing ESCs. But Pixhawk/Arducopter is the only controller I'm interested in dealing with.

Send me a PM if interested.

Rob

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
And in case you aren't familiar, here is an example of my work. The first ever installation of Pixhawk/Arducopter on a gas powered helicopter, creating an affordable long duration/heavy lift UAV:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC02659.jpg
    DSC02659.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 95

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Once you get the knack so as to do excellent soldering, you will never trust anyone else to do it for you...... and it is not that difficult....... but do the early practice soldering of items constrained to ground level. I started out a very long time ago soldering Heathkit semi-kits such as stereos and sonar packages then moved up to soldering a BlueMax 4 channel RC radio system (called a semi-kit) including the servos.......

For the most part I built mine all except for the major soldering. I don't trust myself with that. I have a friend that works on cnc machines, is excellent in electronics. Are there machines to build without alot of soldering or none at all?

Old Man

Once you get the knack so as to do excellent soldering, you will never trust anyone else to do it for you...... and it is not that difficult....... but do the early practice soldering of items constrained to ground level. I started out a very long time ago soldering Heathkit semi-kits such as stereos and sonar packages then moved up to soldering a BlueMax 4 channel RC radio system (called a semi-kit) including the servos.......

You just dated yourself, big time!