XAircraft Number of channels needed for SuperX failsafe.

rilot

From reading the manual, it seems that I need a separate RC channel for failsafe with the SuperX.
With Naza / WKM I can have failsafe on the flight-mode channel and activate it with a mix from a two position toggle.

Do we know if there are any plans to allow us to configure failsafe on the same channel as flight modes with SuperX? It seems like a bit of a waste of an RC channel just to select failsafe.

rwilabee

I think it is a great idea to use a channel for failsafe as it makes the set up so easy. I have seen so many people post problems with setting up the NAZA and WKM for failsafe. Most of us are flying 8 channel receivers so there are plenty of channels.

Rich

From reading the manual, it seems that I need a separate RC channel for failsafe with the SuperX.
With Naza / WKM I can have failsafe on the flight-mode channel and activate it with a mix from a two position toggle.

Do we know if there are any plans to allow us to configure failsafe on the same channel as flight modes with SuperX? It seems like a bit of a waste of an RC channel just to select failsafe.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
6 channels is all you need.
CH1 - 4 for flight control
CH5 - 3 way switch (man/ATT/GPS)
CH6 - 2 way switch (OFF/RTH)

And fail safe should actually be NO switch, it should be that if your transmitter goes off or you lose signal it fails to RTH on.

rwilabee

I agree with the number of channels and I probably should have used the term RTH instead of failsafe. But RTH is sure easy to set up. True failsafe is actually as you mentioned above re transmitter or losing signal.

6 channels is all you need.
CH1 - 4 for flight control
CH5 - 3 way switch (man/ATT/GPS)
CH6 - 2 way switch (OFF/RTH)

And fail safe should actually be NO switch, it should be that if your transmitter goes off or you lose signal it fails to RTH on.

rilot

Most of us are flying 8 channel receivers so there are plenty of channels.

I've run out.
4 channels for flight
1 for flight mode
1 for RTH (Failsafe)
1 for video switch
1 for retracts
1 for gimbal pitch

That's 9 with the Super X. With the WKM / Naza I only need 8 to do the same stuff.

Looks like if I want to change to SuperX I'm either going to have to ditch the retracts or switch to a tx with more channels. FrSky Taranis is looking nice...... if you can get hold of the damn things.

rwilabee

I've run out.
4 channels for flight
1 for flight mode
1 for RTH (Failsafe)
1 for video switch
1 for retracts
1 for gimbal pitch

That's 9 with the Super X. With the WKM / Naza I only need 8 to do the same stuff.

Looks like if I want to change to SuperX I'm either going to have to ditch the retracts or switch to a tx with more channels. FrSky Taranis is looking nice...... if you can get hold of the damn things.

You didn't mention that you needed channels for retracts and a video switch or what kind of transmitter you are running. Most folks don't fly with retracts or even two cameras so that kind of input would be helpful on your posts, but I agree you need more than 8 channels. I run a Futaba 14SG with a 7008SB receiver and I have more than enough channels to do what you are talking about. I set a friend up with a Futaba T8FG Super and a 6208SB running S Bus he would have more than enough channels to run what you are talking about.